Re: Site update

  • Nick
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 8, 2012
      Hey Tim,

      No bugs yet [Safari: Latest version], but thanks for putting a site search option in. It's a pain when I can remember the title but not the author of a story and have to hunt through them all.

      Cheers! I'll let you know if I encounter anything odd.

      > I've had a look at it, and if I do it the other way, it leads to empty
      > lists. The implication is that there should be content under a list
      > heading.
      >
      > I'll see if I can come up with a better way of doing things, but I'm not
      > guaranteeing anything.
      >
      > Tim
      >
      > On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Cristi P <chris050987@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Not quite what I meant -
      > >
      > > Say I'm looking at
      > > http://jeconais.fanficauthors.net/fiction/Naruto/Naruto/ - That's the
      > > Naruto fandom category, and the Naruto "pairing" category. If I want to
      > > look at "Naruto/Hanabi", first I have to select "Show all subcategories" in
      > > the pairing list, then select Naruto/Hanabi.
      > >
      > > If I want to go read Harry Potter, I have to choose "All categories" in
      > > the fandom list, then pick HP from that list.
      > >
      > > I can go to /fiction/ by clicking on the "fanfiction" tab at the top, the
      > > select the fandom/pairing, but it's an extra step (and I'm lazy ;) )
      > >
      > > *--
      > > *HP Recs & Updates
      > > http://bit.ly/mUKzGH
      > >

      > > On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
      > >
      > >> It depends where you come from.
      > >>
      > >> If you're in /fiction/Harry_Potter/All - it will only show you the
      > >> categories for Harry Potter. If you're just in /fiction/ - you'll get
      > >> everything.
      > >>
      > >> T.

    • Crys
      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 8, 2012
        > Cheers! I'll let you know if I encounter anything odd.

        You're looking at my fics. And Kins. And Bobmin. And JBern. I GUARANTEE you'll encounter odd things.

        .
        .
        .
        .

        Sorry, couldn't resist.

        - Crys

        Crys's Scribblings:
        http://crys.fanficauthors.net/
      • Nick
        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 10, 2012
          Ugh....Crys, go stick marbles up your nose.

          On a related note, I enjoy your stories, but the ending to Chattel left a bad taste in my mouth. It was supposed to end with a HP/DG/TD triangle and loads of fluffy goodness. I don't suppose you'd write another ending?

          --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, Crys <ryanchessman@...> wrote:

          > > Cheers! I'll let you know if I encounter anything odd.
          >
          > You're looking at my fics. And Kins. And Bobmin. And JBern. I GUARANTEE you'll encounter odd things.
          >
          > .
          > .
          > .
          > .
          >
          > Sorry, couldn't resist.
          >
          > - Crys
          >
          > Crys's Scribblings:
          > http://crys.fanficauthors.net/

        • Brad
          Message 4 of 25 , Feb 10, 2012
            --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "Nick" <nick_jinks@...> wrote:

            > On a related note, I enjoy your stories, but the ending to Chattel left a bad taste in my mouth. It was supposed to end with a HP/DG/TD triangle and loads of fluffy goodness. I don't suppose you'd write another ending?

            Heh. 'Chattel' came in for a serve recently on another Yahoo group, with most participants decrying Crys's not-completely-100%-happy-ever-after ending.

            It's been a while since I read the story but I remember the acrimony. :-) I myself thought the ending was okay, I think I got the message. But killing off Daphne - was it Daphne? - was arguably a case of evil author being evil.

            You know, Crys, if people are still talking about the story, and making recommendations like 'read everything but that last chapter', maybe you should consider an alternate ending, just to keep your fans happy.

            Or a parody of their utopian happy-ever-after conclusion, to rile them up further. ;-)

            Brad
          • Crys
            Message 5 of 25 , Feb 13, 2012
              > You know, Crys, if people are still talking about the story,
              > and making recommendations like 'read everything but that
              > last chapter', maybe you should consider an alternate
              > ending, just to keep your fans happy.

              No promises, but I'll consider it.

              > Or a parody of their utopian happy-ever-after conclusion, to
              > rile them up further.  ;-)

              That's just evil.

              And tempting.