Re: [fanficauthors] Re: Site update

  • Shalon Wood
    Message 1 of 25 , Feb 5, 2012
      Just FYI, if I try to go to the account options (/account/options), I
      end up back at /account.

      Shalon Wood

      Tim Joy <jeconais@...> writes:

      > You might have to reset your preferences on a story page...
      >
      > Tim
      >
      > On Feb 5, 2012 9:03 PM, "João" <ThadiusZho@...> wrote:
      >

      > Hi.
      >
      > I had my display settings for a specific window size and font, but the site
      > isn't respecting them right now. Just so you know...
    • Cristi P
      Message 2 of 25 , Feb 6, 2012
        I should mention that this is on the latest Chrome.
        --
        HP Recs & Updates

        On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Cristi P <chris050987@...> wrote:
        An issue I found - going to a category page on the site, such as  http://seelvor.fanficauthors.net/Harry_Potter/  results in a white page with "No Records Found".

        Message 3 of 25 , Feb 6, 2012
          Thanks - I'd moved the options to story pages only, but hadn't removed a link.

          The link is now gone.  I'm not convinced this is the  best place for the options, so I may remove/restore - not sure at the moment.

          Tim

          Message 4 of 25 , Feb 6, 2012
            FIxed.

            Thanks,

            Tim

            On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Cristi P <chris050987@...> wrote:

            An issue I found - going to a category page on the site, such as  http://seelvor.fanficauthors.net/Harry_Potter/  results in a white page with "No Records Found".
            --
            HP Recs & Updates

            On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 4:31 PM, jeconais <jeconais@...> wrote:

            While every effort has been made to bug test this, there are probably some still floating around.  Alas, I don't have the resources I do at work to run full tests for all browsers.

          • Cristi P
            Message 5 of 25 , Feb 6, 2012
              Would it be possible to have the drop-down lists always show all categories? At the moment, you have to go to "Show All categories", then to the new category, if you want to change something.
              --
              HP Recs & Updates

              On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
              FIxed.

              Thanks,

                Message 7 of 25 , Feb 6, 2012
                  Not quite what I meant -

                  Say I'm looking at  http://jeconais.fanficauthors.net/fiction/Naruto/Naruto/  - That's the Naruto fandom category, and the Naruto "pairing" category. If I want to look at "Naruto/Hanabi", first I have to select "Show all subcategories" in the pairing list, then select Naruto/Hanabi.

                  If I want to go read Harry Potter, I have to choose "All categories" in the fandom list, then pick HP from that list.

                  I can go to /fiction/ by clicking on the "fanfiction" tab at the top, the select the fandom/pairing, but it's an extra step (and I'm lazy ;) )
                  --
                  HP Recs & Updates

                    Message 9 of 25 , Feb 8, 2012
                      Hey Tim,

                      No bugs yet [Safari: Latest version], but thanks for putting a site search option in. It's a pain when I can remember the title but not the author of a story and have to hunt through them all.

                      Cheers! I'll let you know if I encounter anything odd.

                      > I've had a look at it, and if I do it the other way, it leads to empty
                      > lists. The implication is that there should be content under a list
                      > heading.
                      >
                      > I'll see if I can come up with a better way of doing things, but I'm not
                      > guaranteeing anything.
                      >
                      > Tim
                      >
                      > On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Cristi P <chris050987@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > **
                      > >

                      > > Not quite what I meant -
                      > >
                      > > Say I'm looking at
                      > > http://jeconais.fanficauthors.net/fiction/Naruto/Naruto/ - That's the
                      > > Naruto fandom category, and the Naruto "pairing" category. If I want to
                      > > look at "Naruto/Hanabi", first I have to select "Show all subcategories" in
                      > > the pairing list, then select Naruto/Hanabi.
                      > >
                      > > If I want to go read Harry Potter, I have to choose "All categories" in
                      > > the fandom list, then pick HP from that list.
                      > >
                      > > I can go to /fiction/ by clicking on the "fanfiction" tab at the top, the
                      > > select the fandom/pairing, but it's an extra step (and I'm lazy ;) )
                      > >
                      > > *--
                      > > *HP Recs & Updates
                      > > http://bit.ly/mUKzGH
                      > >

                      > > On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > >> It depends where you come from.
                      > >>
                      > >> If you're in /fiction/Harry_Potter/All - it will only show you the
                      > >> categories for Harry Potter. If you're just in /fiction/ - you'll get
                      > >> everything.
                      > >>
                      > >> T.

                    • Crys
                      Message 10 of 25 , Feb 8, 2012
                        > Cheers! I'll let you know if I encounter anything odd.

                        You're looking at my fics. And Kins. And Bobmin. And JBern. I GUARANTEE you'll encounter odd things.

                        .
                        .
                        .
                        .

                        Sorry, couldn't resist.

                        - Crys

                        Crys's Scribblings:
                        http://crys.fanficauthors.net/
                      • Nick
                        Message 11 of 25 , Feb 10, 2012
                          Ugh....Crys, go stick marbles up your nose.

                          On a related note, I enjoy your stories, but the ending to Chattel left a bad taste in my mouth. It was supposed to end with a HP/DG/TD triangle and loads of fluffy goodness. I don't suppose you'd write another ending?

                          --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, Crys <ryanchessman@...> wrote:

                          > > Cheers! I'll let you know if I encounter anything odd.
                          >
                          > You're looking at my fics. And Kins. And Bobmin. And JBern. I GUARANTEE you'll encounter odd things.
                          >
                          > .
                          > .
                          > .
                          > .
                          >
                          > Sorry, couldn't resist.
                          >
                          > - Crys
                          >
                          > Crys's Scribblings:
                          > http://crys.fanficauthors.net/

                        • Brad
                          Message 12 of 25 , Feb 10, 2012
                            --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "Nick" <nick_jinks@...> wrote:

                            > On a related note, I enjoy your stories, but the ending to Chattel left a bad taste in my mouth. It was supposed to end with a HP/DG/TD triangle and loads of fluffy goodness. I don't suppose you'd write another ending?

                            Heh. 'Chattel' came in for a serve recently on another Yahoo group, with most participants decrying Crys's not-completely-100%-happy-ever-after ending.

                            It's been a while since I read the story but I remember the acrimony. :-) I myself thought the ending was okay, I think I got the message. But killing off Daphne - was it Daphne? - was arguably a case of evil author being evil.

                            You know, Crys, if people are still talking about the story, and making recommendations like 'read everything but that last chapter', maybe you should consider an alternate ending, just to keep your fans happy.

                            Or a parody of their utopian happy-ever-after conclusion, to rile them up further. ;-)

                            Brad
                          • Crys
                            Message 13 of 25 , Feb 13, 2012
                              > You know, Crys, if people are still talking about the story,
                              > and making recommendations like 'read everything but that
                              > last chapter', maybe you should consider an alternate
                              > ending, just to keep your fans happy.

                              No promises, but I'll consider it.

                              > Or a parody of their utopian happy-ever-after conclusion, to
                              > rile them up further.  ;-)

                              That's just evil.

                              And tempting.