Re: [fanficauthors] Changes fic continuation

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 20, 2009
      https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=9029

      That's the DLP thread on it. As far as I can recall, when it was
      announced on the FFA forums, it hadn't gotten to original content yet,
      just what Tim had posted. It's probably gone past that by now, of
      course. Also, you need to register to read it, but I didn't, and I
      can't find that website in my history.

      Haven't actually checked the link above, because firefox is yelling at
      me about missing (self-signed?) security certificates and I'm not
      adding an exception for a website I visit maybe once a year.

      Chris

      On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 4:51 PM, marcw2167 <marcw2167@...> wrote:
      > Hi all before the forums shut down I saw a post that someone else had
      > picked up the fic Changes by Jeconais. With his permission of course.
      > I didn't get a chance to check it out before everything died, does
      > anyone know where that fic is posted or if it's worth reading? Thanks!

      Ooh, shiny!
    • marcw2167
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 20, 2009
        Thanks for the effort Chris. I checked out the thread, and of course
        all three links were broken haha. Typical. But after reading the
        reviews of it, and Tim's own less than stellar endorsement, I think
        I'll drop my search here. I was just curious as to how well a new
        author could carry on an admittedly difficult plot, but it appears
        he failed. Thanks again for the help.

        --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "Chris P" <chris050987@...>
        wrote:

        > https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=9029
        >
        > That's the DLP thread on it. As far as I can recall, when it was
        > announced on the FFA forums, it hadn't gotten to original content
        yet,
        > just what Tim had posted. It's probably gone past that by now, of
        > course. Also, you need to register to read it, but I didn't, and I
        > can't find that website in my history.
        >
        > Haven't actually checked the link above, because firefox is
        yelling at
        > me about missing (self-signed?) security certificates and I'm not
        > adding an exception for a website I visit maybe once a year.
        >
        > Chris
        >
        > On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 4:51 PM, marcw2167 <marcw2167@...> wrote:
        > > Hi all before the forums shut down I saw a post that someone
        else had
        > > picked up the fic Changes by Jeconais. With his permission of
        course.
        > > I didn't get a chance to check it out before everything died,
        does
        > > anyone know where that fic is posted or if it's worth reading?
        Thanks!

        > --
        > Ooh, shiny!

      • rokiahda
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 22, 2009
          I left a pretty scathing review of it.

          I expect certain things from a wonderful Jeconais story - and a
          continuation of an abandoned Jeconais story - and what we got from
          Prongs wasn't it. It went from this wonderful concept of Harry
          growing up and learning more about himself and his role in the war -
          and waiting for the beloved Fleur - to a typical evil, manipulative
          Dumbledore and evil Ron story - things that I don't expect in a
          Jeconais story (well, excepting for a few incidents in "Hope"...
          that's as close to an evil D as I've seen Jeconais go).

          The first eight chapters - the original Jeconais work - is brilliant.

          The rest of it sucks rocks and should be hereforth banned...
        • BilBanes
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 27, 2009
            There is a very simple reason you got that certificate message. The
            URL you posted is incorrect. DLP is not on a secure server. The
            address should start be
            http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=9029

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 27, 2009
              Ah. :D I blame google, since I searched for changes by prongs ^_^

              Chris

              On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 4:50 PM, BilBanes <kingdud55@...> wrote:
              > There is a very simple reason you got that certificate message. The
              > URL you posted is incorrect. DLP is not on a secure server. The
              > address should start be
              > http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=9029
              >
              > --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "Chris P" <chris050987@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=9029
              >>
              >> That's the DLP thread on it. As far as I can recall, when it was
              >> announced on the FFA forums, it hadn't gotten to original content yet,
              >> just what Tim had posted. It's probably gone past that by now, of
              >> course. Also, you need to register to read it, but I didn't, and I
              >> can't find that website in my history.
              >>
              >> Haven't actually checked the link above, because firefox is yelling at
              >> me about missing (self-signed?) security certificates and I'm not
              >> adding an exception for a website I visit maybe once a year.
              >>
              >> Chris
              >>
              >> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 4:51 PM, marcw2167 <marcw2167@...> wrote:
              >> > Hi all before the forums shut down I saw a post that someone else had
              >> > picked up the fic Changes by Jeconais. With his permission of course.
              >> > I didn't get a chance to check it out before everything died, does
              >> > anyone know where that fic is posted or if it's worth reading? Thanks!

              >> --
              >> Ooh, shiny!

              Ooh, shiny!