Changes fic continuation

  • marcw2167
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 19, 2009
      Hi all before the forums shut down I saw a post that someone else had
      picked up the fic Changes by Jeconais. With his permission of course.
      I didn't get a chance to check it out before everything died, does
      anyone know where that fic is posted or if it's worth reading? Thanks!
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 20, 2009
        https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=9029

        That's the DLP thread on it. As far as I can recall, when it was
        announced on the FFA forums, it hadn't gotten to original content yet,
        just what Tim had posted. It's probably gone past that by now, of
        course. Also, you need to register to read it, but I didn't, and I
        can't find that website in my history.

        Haven't actually checked the link above, because firefox is yelling at
        me about missing (self-signed?) security certificates and I'm not
        adding an exception for a website I visit maybe once a year.

        Chris

        On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 4:51 PM, marcw2167 <marcw2167@...> wrote:
        > Hi all before the forums shut down I saw a post that someone else had
        > picked up the fic Changes by Jeconais. With his permission of course.
        > I didn't get a chance to check it out before everything died, does
        > anyone know where that fic is posted or if it's worth reading? Thanks!

        Ooh, shiny!
      • marcw2167
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 20, 2009
          Thanks for the effort Chris. I checked out the thread, and of course
          all three links were broken haha. Typical. But after reading the
          reviews of it, and Tim's own less than stellar endorsement, I think
          I'll drop my search here. I was just curious as to how well a new
          author could carry on an admittedly difficult plot, but it appears
          he failed. Thanks again for the help.

          --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "Chris P" <chris050987@...>
          wrote:

          > https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=9029
          >
          > That's the DLP thread on it. As far as I can recall, when it was
          > announced on the FFA forums, it hadn't gotten to original content
          yet,
          > just what Tim had posted. It's probably gone past that by now, of
          > course. Also, you need to register to read it, but I didn't, and I
          > can't find that website in my history.
          >
          > Haven't actually checked the link above, because firefox is
          yelling at
          > me about missing (self-signed?) security certificates and I'm not
          > adding an exception for a website I visit maybe once a year.
          >
          > Chris
          >
          > On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 4:51 PM, marcw2167 <marcw2167@...> wrote:
          > > Hi all before the forums shut down I saw a post that someone
          else had
          > > picked up the fic Changes by Jeconais. With his permission of
          course.
          > > I didn't get a chance to check it out before everything died,
          does
          > > anyone know where that fic is posted or if it's worth reading?
          Thanks!

          > --
          > Ooh, shiny!

        • rokiahda
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 22, 2009
            I left a pretty scathing review of it.

            I expect certain things from a wonderful Jeconais story - and a
            continuation of an abandoned Jeconais story - and what we got from
            Prongs wasn't it. It went from this wonderful concept of Harry
            growing up and learning more about himself and his role in the war -
            and waiting for the beloved Fleur - to a typical evil, manipulative
            Dumbledore and evil Ron story - things that I don't expect in a
            Jeconais story (well, excepting for a few incidents in "Hope"...
            that's as close to an evil D as I've seen Jeconais go).

            The first eight chapters - the original Jeconais work - is brilliant.

            The rest of it sucks rocks and should be hereforth banned...
          • BilBanes
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 27, 2009
              There is a very simple reason you got that certificate message. The
              URL you posted is incorrect. DLP is not on a secure server. The
              address should start be
              http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=9029

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 27, 2009
                Ah. :D I blame google, since I searched for changes by prongs ^_^

                Chris

                On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 4:50 PM, BilBanes <kingdud55@...> wrote:
                > There is a very simple reason you got that certificate message. The
                > URL you posted is incorrect. DLP is not on a secure server. The
                > address should start be
                > http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=9029
                >
                > --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "Chris P" <chris050987@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=9029
                >>
                >> That's the DLP thread on it. As far as I can recall, when it was
                >> announced on the FFA forums, it hadn't gotten to original content yet,
                >> just what Tim had posted. It's probably gone past that by now, of
                >> course. Also, you need to register to read it, but I didn't, and I
                >> can't find that website in my history.
                >>
                >> Haven't actually checked the link above, because firefox is yelling at
                >> me about missing (self-signed?) security certificates and I'm not
                >> adding an exception for a website I visit maybe once a year.
                >>
                >> Chris
                >>
                >> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 4:51 PM, marcw2167 <marcw2167@...> wrote:
                >> > Hi all before the forums shut down I saw a post that someone else had
                >> > picked up the fic Changes by Jeconais. With his permission of course.
                >> > I didn't get a chance to check it out before everything died, does
                >> > anyone know where that fic is posted or if it's worth reading? Thanks!

                >> --
                >> Ooh, shiny!

                Ooh, shiny!