Re: Site structure anoyance.

  • ubereng
    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 22, 2010
      --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, Mike Fairbanks <musingsofapathy@...> wrote:

      > Why not just know your login and password and enter it when the subject
      > comes up?

      That is a very, very bad habit to have.
      Alas it is what I ended up doing with FFA -- since the consequences of my account getting hacked are limited to annoyances and perhaps (more) bad reviews. ;)

      I have a different username and password for every site. All of my passwords -- except for FFA's -- look like: "Mmfe(nM5gbFAxARiQqyaK*nHYC1pe@Yto"

      Not something I can memorize, times several hundred.
    • pfeil
      Message 2 of 19 , Dec 22, 2010
        On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 01:01, ubereng <mryahell@...> wrote:

        > --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, Mike Fairbanks <musingsofapathy@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> Why not just know your login and password and enter it when the subject
        >> comes up?
        >
        > That is a very, very bad habit to have.
        > Alas it is what I ended up doing with FFA -- since the consequences of my account getting hacked are limited to annoyances and perhaps (more) bad reviews. ;)

        For sites with nothing really worth protecting, there's nothing wrong
        with some easy password (even just 123456) with @sitename at the end.
        That way it's too long to brute force, it's protected against
        automated attacks on other sites if one is broken, and it's easy to
        type.