Re: [fanficauthors] Re: EPUB Support

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 27 11:39 PM
      That's an unrelated issue.  It appears to be caused by the stories having <div> tags as wrappers around the content - and I've banned div tags in the conversion (for many reasons I won't go into).

      So, are you saying that for GS,P. TiW it doesn't have the chapters as well?

      T.

      On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 3:13 AM, Jim Trigg <jtrigg@...> wrote:

      On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 10:38 PM, iceweazel <wahl@...> wrote:
      > However a couple of books I've tried seem to be missing chapters.
      > They have their header, title and that's it.   I can't tell right off
      > where the issue is but it not client side.   I unzipped the .epub
      > file and looked, the .html for the top is ok, but all the chapter text
      > is just plain missing.
      > -example: FP's years of rebellion, unzip it and look at chapter 8: Happy
      > birthday to me.

      I've actually found the problem -- it's non-ascii characters
      (specifically smart quotes/apostrophes) in the title tag. The worst
      case, for some *strange* reason, is "Great Scott, Potter, This is
      War!" by Aaran St. Vines.

      Jim

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 28 2:10 AM
        The mentioned file is fixed, and I'm kinda presuming that the others will  be equally as fixed - however, if they aren't, please let me know which stories are missing data.

        mobi and lit files are regenerating at the moment.

        T.

        On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 3:38 AM, iceweazel <wahl@...> wrote:

        Seems to work fairly well. Thanks for the cool feature.

        I've got an older Sony Libre(J) from the bad old days that I gutted and
        hacked together with a US reader. I've installed the latest ePub
        firmware recently. Most of the books I've tried seem to work alright.
        page #s do really weird things though on the Sony. Dunno if that's
        normal as I haven't mucked about with epub much yet.  A quick look at
        the format makes me want to slap someone for sure.   Format by
        committee sucks.

        However a couple of books I've tried seem to be missing chapters.
        They have their header, title and that's it.   I can't tell right off
        where the issue is but it not client side.   I unzipped the .epub
        file and looked, the .html for the top is ok, but all the chapter text
        is just plain missing.
        -example: FP's years of rebellion, unzip it and look at chapter 8: Happy
        birthday to me.

        iw