Re: [fanficauthors] March Updates

    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 7, 2010
      > Keep in mind that I use elinks, and don't have javascript; on the other
      > hand, they were sorted before, so I assume you aren't using js to do the
      > sorting.

      They're sorted correctly, but into three columns - so it's using CSS
      to display correctly on the screen. Not sure what I'm going to do
      about this - I don't particularly want to do something for text-mode
      browsers, but that maybe the only solution.

      T.
    • Shalon Wood
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 7, 2010
        Tim Joy <jeconais@...> writes:

        >> Keep in mind that I use elinks, and don't have javascript; on the other
        >> hand, they were sorted before, so I assume you aren't using js to do the
        >> sorting.
        >
        > They're sorted correctly, but into three columns - so it's using CSS
        > to display correctly on the screen. Not sure what I'm going to do
        > about this - I don't particularly want to do something for text-mode
        > browsers, but that maybe the only solution.

        Huh. I wonder why it used to work, then?

        Shalon Wood
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 7, 2010
          > Huh. I wonder why it used to work, then?

          I changed it as part of the updates. it used to be <li> based, but
          that gave me a bunch of problems with smaller-screen devices and with
          overloaded text boxes - so I switched to a column based layout so I
          could do the ajax all-story loading.

          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 27, 2010
            On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Shalon Wood <dstar@...> wrote:

            > Keep in mind that I use elinks, and don't have javascript; on the other
            > hand, they were sorted before, so I assume you aren't using js to do the
            > sorting.

            I've rewritten the front page, and it now order properly in elinks.

            T.
          • Shalon Wood
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 27, 2010
              Tim Joy <jeconais@...> writes:

              > On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Shalon Wood <dstar@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> Keep in mind that I use elinks, and don't have javascript; on the other
              >> hand, they were sorted before, so I assume you aren't using js to do the
              >> sorting.
              >
              > I've rewritten the front page, and it now order properly in elinks.

              Thanks!

              Also, I noticed that several of Ishtar's fics show up as having 0
              words. It seems just to be a cosmetic issue, because the chapters do
              actually have something in them, but I thought you might want to know.

              Shalon Wood
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 28, 2010
                > Also, I noticed that several of Ishtar's fics show up as having 0
                > words. It seems just to be a cosmetic issue, because the chapters do
                > actually have something in them, but I thought you might want to know.

                Thanks. All denormalised data (ie word counts etc) are now fixed.