Re: [fanficauthors] March Updates

  • Shalon Wood
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 6, 2010
      Well, I see FP's update, in Feb, in the second place, while the Mar. 10
      update from Deluded Musing is 7th.

      Keep in mind that I use elinks, and don't have javascript; on the other
      hand, they were sorted before, so I assume you aren't using js to do the
      sorting.

      Shalon Wood

      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 7, 2010
        > Keep in mind that I use elinks, and don't have javascript; on the other
        > hand, they were sorted before, so I assume you aren't using js to do the
        > sorting.

        They're sorted correctly, but into three columns - so it's using CSS
        to display correctly on the screen. Not sure what I'm going to do
        about this - I don't particularly want to do something for text-mode
        browsers, but that maybe the only solution.

        T.
      • Shalon Wood
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 7, 2010
          Tim Joy <jeconais@...> writes:

          >> Keep in mind that I use elinks, and don't have javascript; on the other
          >> hand, they were sorted before, so I assume you aren't using js to do the
          >> sorting.
          >
          > They're sorted correctly, but into three columns - so it's using CSS
          > to display correctly on the screen. Not sure what I'm going to do
          > about this - I don't particularly want to do something for text-mode
          > browsers, but that maybe the only solution.

          Huh. I wonder why it used to work, then?

          Shalon Wood
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 7, 2010
            > Huh. I wonder why it used to work, then?

            I changed it as part of the updates. it used to be <li> based, but
            that gave me a bunch of problems with smaller-screen devices and with
            overloaded text boxes - so I switched to a column based layout so I
            could do the ajax all-story loading.

            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 27, 2010
              On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Shalon Wood <dstar@...> wrote:

              > Keep in mind that I use elinks, and don't have javascript; on the other
              > hand, they were sorted before, so I assume you aren't using js to do the
              > sorting.

              I've rewritten the front page, and it now order properly in elinks.

              T.
            • Shalon Wood
              Message 6 of 19 , Apr 27, 2010
                Tim Joy <jeconais@...> writes:

                > On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Shalon Wood <dstar@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> Keep in mind that I use elinks, and don't have javascript; on the other
                >> hand, they were sorted before, so I assume you aren't using js to do the
                >> sorting.
                >
                > I've rewritten the front page, and it now order properly in elinks.

                Thanks!

                Also, I noticed that several of Ishtar's fics show up as having 0
                words. It seems just to be a cosmetic issue, because the chapters do
                actually have something in them, but I thought you might want to know.

                Shalon Wood
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 28, 2010
                  > Also, I noticed that several of Ishtar's fics show up as having 0
                  > words. It seems just to be a cosmetic issue, because the chapters do
                  > actually have something in them, but I thought you might want to know.

                  Thanks. All denormalised data (ie word counts etc) are now fixed.