Alternate forum for fic search?

  • Mike Skoglund
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 18, 2009
      I have hosting space, a basic installation of phpBB 3, and happen to be
      sitting on a suitable domain name (picked up for an aborted effort
      quite some time ago). If Meg, Asad, Malko, et al or others were
      interesting in carrying the water, I can host something specifically
      aimed at the fic search - plot bunny - etc. stuff. I jsut don't have
      the time or wherewithal to be moderating, maintaining, etc.

      Cheers,
      Mike [FP]
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 18, 2009
        There already is such a forum set up :)

        http://ladyimmortal.net/harrypotter/index.php

        Belladona from FFA offered to let us use that. The Updated Fics thread
        is going on there.

        Chris

        On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 10:11 PM, Mike Skoglund <full_pensieve@...> wrote:
        > I have hosting space, a basic installation of phpBB 3, and happen to be
        > sitting on a suitable domain name (picked up for an aborted effort
        > quite some time ago). If Meg, Asad, Malko, et al or others were
        > interesting in carrying the water, I can host something specifically
        > aimed at the fic search - plot bunny - etc. stuff. I jsut don't have
        > the time or wherewithal to be moderating, maintaining, etc.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Mike [FP]

        Ooh, shiny!
      • rokiahda
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 18, 2009
          You guys are all welcome to head over there if you'd like. It seems
          several people have made their way there so far.

          --Rokia/LadyImmortal/Belladonna16 (I have even more identities than
          that - but those are the main ones <G>)

          --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "Chris P" <chris050987@...>

          <full_pensieve@...> wrote:
          > > I have hosting space, a basic installation of phpBB 3, and
          happen to be
          > > sitting on a suitable domain name (picked up for an aborted
          effort
          > > quite some time ago). If Meg, Asad, Malko, et al or others were
          > > interesting in carrying the water, I can host something
          specifically
          > > aimed at the fic search - plot bunny - etc. stuff. I jsut don't
          have
          > > the time or wherewithal to be moderating, maintaining, etc.
          > >
          > > Cheers,
          > > Mike [FP]

          > --
          > Ooh, shiny!

        • Kalrany
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 18, 2009
            --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "Chris P" <chris050987@...> wrote:

            > There already is such a forum set up :)
            >
            > http://ladyimmortal.net/harrypotter/index.php
            >
            > Belladona from FFA offered to let us use that. The Updated Fics thread
            > is going on there.

            Thank heavens! I checked there multiple times a day (every break I
            had) to see what stories were being worked on, since half the time I
            look at ff.net the search function is down. The database here doesn't
            show links, and it will be much much MUCH nicer to have a different set
            up. I am just socked that there wasn't enough use... It was my #1
            source for all things HP!