Mail notifications and RSS

  • solunvar
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 23, 2009
      I've noticed with the two latest updates (Bobmin and Ruskbyte) that I didn't receive an email notification, despite the right categories enabled with my preferences. Is that feature currently out of service or is it only my account that's blundering?

      On a sidenote, I've noticed that the RSS feeds tend to go wacky once in a while as well. Is that a consequence of the cache being refreshed or...? Now that I think about it, I know for certain that right after a new update was added to the feed, everybody's latest updates shows as 'new' items soon after, so the cache does seem to be at fault there.

      Anyhow, good work so far. The site becomes more and more professional as time goes on. :-)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2010
        Mail notifications were  definitely screwed - I've got a new thing to do them being tested at the moment, and hope to send it live shortly (along with a bunch of other fixes).

        The RSS MAY have been because I was fucking around with it while at my parents, trying to fix something - and not realising I was playing with the wrong template.

        As for professional, I wish it was - it would mean that I could have passed this over to the QA department.  Programmers suck at discovering bugs.

        T.

        On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 10:54 PM, solunvar <emperador.pyronis@...> wrote:

        I've noticed with the two latest updates (Bobmin and Ruskbyte) that I didn't receive an email notification, despite the right categories enabled with my preferences. Is that feature currently out of service or is it only my account that's blundering?

        On a sidenote, I've noticed that the RSS feeds tend to go wacky once in a while as well. Is that a consequence of the cache being refreshed or...? Now that I think about it, I know for certain that right after a new update was added to the feed, everybody's latest updates shows as 'new' items soon after, so the cache does seem to be at fault there.

        Anyhow, good work so far. The site becomes more and more professional as time goes on. :-)

      • Tommy King
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2010
          Sometimes you need to take a step back to see where the problem is, just know that we appreciate the time and effort you put in to the site.

          Tommy

          British by birth, Scottish by the Grace of God