New account issue

  • random_placeholder
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 24, 2009
      I just read Ruskbyte's new update, and when I used the link at the bottom to make an account, I got this:

      "Sorry, due to American COPPA laws, this site does not accept registrations from children under the age of fourteen."

      How can it tell? :D
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 24, 2009
        As an update to this, I was able to easily reset my password from the "Account" section on jeconais.fanficauthors.net. I haven't checked how the settings keep, but as long as the stories are there, I can change things browser-side if I don't like something.
        --
        Ogden Nash  - "The trouble with a kitten is that when it grows up, it's always a cat."

        On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 10:26 PM, random_placeholder <chris050987@...> wrote:
        I just read Ruskbyte's new update, and when I used the link at the bottom to make an account, I got this:

        "Sorry, due to American COPPA laws, this site does not accept registrations from children under the age of fourteen."

        How can it tell? :D

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           fanficauthors-digest@yahoogroups.com
           fanficauthors-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 6, 2010
          WEll - are you sure you got the dates right in the date of birth box?

          I just checked, and it accepted my real DOB, and rejected one set last year ...

          T.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 6, 2010
            At no point did it even ask. I was at the bottom of the story page, and there was a "Create Account" link. I clicked it, and I got that. No options to enter any data.

            It's no problem now, as I reseted the password to my old account and I'm using that, but I thought you should be aware, in case it's not just something that came up for me.

            Chris
            --
            Charles de Gaulle  - "The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs."

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 6, 2010
              Ahh - link from there goes to wrong place.

              Fixed, will go live with the next release.

              T.