Latest stories out of order?

  • redphoenix_2k3
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 17, 2009
      Is there a way to change the order that stories appear on the home page? I loved how the older FFA had the stories in chronological order by update, newest to oldest.

      At first glance they appear to be correct but several are not in their correct places.

      Thanks, rp2k3
    • blueorion08
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 18, 2009
        --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "redphoenix_2k3" <redphoenix_2k3@...> wrote:

        > Is there a way to change the order that stories appear on the home page? I loved how the older FFA had the stories in chronological order by update, newest to oldest.
        >
        > At first glance they appear to be correct but several are not in their correct places.
        >
        > Thanks, rp2k3

        I have recently noticed this myself. I think part of the issue is that I have a wider screen which expands the page to have four columns. When I make the window more narrow, it moves back to three and appears to be fully in the correct order. I've not specifically checked the order when I further narrow and it reorganizes into two columns.

        Therefore, it seems the issue is a matter of how the rows and columns reorganize depending on how many columns the width of the window allows for.
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 18, 2009
          Log in -> Account -> Site Options.

          T.

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 18, 2009
            erm .. let's try responding to the correct email.

            I've not actually got a response to this one yet - I'm looking at it over the next few hours.

            And yeah, slightly embarrassed now.

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 18, 2009
              This is now fixed.

              Basically, faulty denormalised data was putting things in the wrong
              order - it was reading the first chapter, not the last, in some cases.