Re: [fanficauthors] Files

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 18, 2009
      Well, it would be better if only one, or maybe two people could change
      the files. That way there is some control over what is added. So the
      guidelines of the list are still met and there is less chance of fics
      being added twice.

      If I'm the only one who can edit those, I can keep up with the lists.

      Chris

      On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
      > I have no idea at all ... Do you want other people to be able to edit?
      >
      > T.
      >
      > On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Chris P <chris050987@...> wrote:
      >> :D
      >>
      >> You're very welcome :) Plenty of work went into making the list, and
      >> it would have been a pity to lose it. Hopefully, people will still add
      >> to it.
      >>
      >> Who can edit posted files? Only the uploader, or all members? My
      >> experience with Yahoo groups is limited.
      >>
      >> Chris
      >>
      >> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 12:50 PM, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
      >>> Thanks Chris, for doing all the work :)
      >>>
      >>> Tim

      >> --
      >> Ooh, shiny!

      Ooh, shiny!
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 18, 2009
        Done - can restrict it to Moderators, so I made you (and Asad) limited
        mods and banned others from touching it.

        T.

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 18, 2009
          Okay, thanks :)

          Chris

          On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 2:26 PM, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
          > Done - can restrict it to Moderators, so I made you (and Asad) limited
          > mods and banned others from touching it.
          >
          > T.
          >
          > On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Chris P <chris050987@...> wrote:
          >> Well, it would be better if only one, or maybe two people could change
          >> the files. That way there is some control over what is added. So the
          >> guidelines of the list are still met and there is less chance of fics
          >> being added twice.
          >>
          >> If I'm the only one who can edit those, I can keep up with the lists.
          >>
          >> Chris
          >>
          >> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
          >>> I have no idea at all ... Do you want other people to be able to edit?
          >>>
          >>> T.

          >> --
          >> Ooh, shiny!

          Ooh, shiny!
        • Asad Asif
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 18, 2009
            --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "random_placeholder"
            <chris050987@...> wrote:

            > Added the Completed fics masterlist, the list of Yahoo Groups that
            > Asad kept, and a shorter list from the Azkaban thread. Crossover list
            > still remains for me to do, and I'll probably get to it later today,
            > once I'm done with the book I'm reading. (Jo Clayton's Maeve. 4th book
            > of the Diadem Series.)
            >
            > I decided not to bother with the pairing lists, since they were much
            > too chaotic, and most of the fics are either in the Completed fics
            > list, or abandoned.
            >
            > Chris

            Thanks Chris! :)

            I was playing around earlier with the Database section for possibly
            continuing the Updated Fics and Completed Fics threads but the display
            format is pretty twisted unless each field is entered manually but
            that would take too much time for whoever adds records.

            It's either that or the general mailing list but the latter will
            clutter up mailboxes of people who might not want those updates.

            Asad.
          • Meg
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 18, 2009
              Chris or Asad,

              I have the canon dictionary, if either of you would like to add it to
              the files section. :)

              Meg

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 19, 2009
                Sure, if you email it over I'll upload it.

                Chris

                On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 12:31 AM, Meg <celticmeg@...> wrote:
                > Chris or Asad,
                >
                > I have the canon dictionary, if either of you would like to add it to
                > the files section. :)
                >
                > Meg
                >
                > --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "random_placeholder"
                > <chris050987@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> Added the Completed fics masterlist, the list of Yahoo Groups that
                >> Asad kept, and a shorter list from the Azkaban thread. Crossover list
                >> still remains for me to do, and I'll probably get to it later today,
                >> once I'm done with the book I'm reading. (Jo Clayton's Maeve. 4th book
                >> of the Diadem Series.)
                >>
                >> I decided not to bother with the pairing lists, since they were much
                >> too chaotic, and most of the fics are either in the Completed fics
                >> list, or abandoned.
                >>
                >> Chris

                Ooh, shiny!
              • Asad Asif
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 19, 2009
                  --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "Meg" <celticmeg@...> wrote:

                  > Chris or Asad,
                  >
                  > I have the canon dictionary, if either of you would like to add it to
                  > the files section. :)
                  >
                  > Meg

                  Sure. Send it over to either of us and it will be uploaded.

                  Asad.