Re: [fanficauthors] Re: Unable to login on new FFA . . .

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 11, 2009
      Well, that's embarrassing. The fact that you see the profile page
      means that you have logged in properly.

      What you were seeing was an incorrect redirect, sending you to an
      error message, not a success message.

      I've fixed that, and checked it works.

      The second problem, with stories not allowing you access, I need a
      little more detail. What stories, and what is your username? (Note:
      I do NOT want your password!)

      T.

      On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 8:59 PM, lordbilbanes880 <kingdud55@...> wrote:

      > I ham having issues with the new site not changing my font choices. My preference is for Times New Roman, but whenever I make the change it doesn't stick.
      >
      > I am using Firefox 3.5 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit. My log in ID does function.
      >
      > --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "strolling_along_987" <josh.fanfic@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm unable to login with the new FFA code, using my old login. Or rather, it appears to not let me login, though I can change settings and have those changes remembered -- even though it tells me I'm not logged in. Cookies + JScript are enabled for FFA.
      > >
      > > Noting that there was mention of unique name issues and emails were sent with links to do renaming, I scanned the ol' spam folders but found nothing. Just to be sure it wasn't my old account, I created a new account.
      > >
      > > I received a form email (it lacked the created name, was it supposed to show up?), and validated it. I then tried to login with the new account, and again had no success. It continued to report errors, though once again I could change the state of "alerts" on the account and it saved it -- despite telling me I wasn't logged in.
      > >
      > > I can't read the stories, so I'm clearly not fully authenticated.
      > >
      > > Thoughts?
      > >
      > > Not that it should matter, but this is FF3.5 on Linux.

    • josh fanfic
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 11, 2009
        Hi,

        I chalk it up to growing pains. As a software developer myself, all I
        can say is, your work is appreciated, and glitches are expected with
        new code.

        Anyway, both my old login and my new testing login work currently.
        After several tries this morning, and doing nothing different (the
        system was left on, browser left open, etc), both magically started
        working between this morning and now. Perhaps the redirect fix took
        care of my problems there as well?

        Fun times.

        Thanks!
      • Autumn Pantherpaw
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 14, 2009
          My biggest problem is that my username is supposed to be Puck, not Puck1. When I go to change it to what I originally signed up with (Puck), it says 'Username already in use.' Is there any way to find out how to get my username back to its original?

          You can teach a cat how to use the toilet.
          Teaching it how to flush is another matter.-Siegfried and Roy.

          Nunquam lamie morde me dice (Never say 'bite me' to a vampire).

          The broomsticks are mounted.
          The ghosts are a-fright.
          Enchanting takes wing,
          On All Hallows’ Night.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 21, 2010
                    I changed the code. As I said in the previous email "The site no
                    longer accepts non-unique usernames." They were accepted by mistake
                    in the first place, it just took me a long time to rewrite everything
                    so that it could not happen again.

                    T.