Re: FanficAuthors home page

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
      Hum, Using latest Firefox, IE, Chrome, and safari. Clear all private data in each and reloaded still getting a white page with only the Column of info. Glad your getting the correct format Chris. Now I'm wondering if my PC is screwed up.

      --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, Chris P <chris050987@...> wrote:

      > It's working just fine here... all nice and properly formatted. Using latest
      > firefox.
      > --
      > Ogden Nash <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/o/ogden_nash.html> -
      > "The trouble with a kitten is that when it grows up, it's always a cat."
      >
      > On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Nope - should be pretty formatted - unfortunately, my work DNS hasn't
      > > updated yet, so I'm not able to see it ... It sounds like something
      > > isn't working properly in the css/js
      > >
      > > T.
      > >
      > > On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Michael <msandbjw@...> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Hey Tim,
      > > >
      > > > Should the home page have graphics or is it just plain with all the
      > > Authors names listed straight down in a column?
      > > >
      > > > Mike

    • dragyn42
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
        Im having the same issue. It looks like the CSS pages arent loading. Taking a quick peek in firebug shows copies of the homepage on each attempt to load the stylesheets, indicating to me a 404 error, assuming your server redirects to index on a 404. If it helps in diagnosing, the js files in the same directory are loading fine.

        -dragyn

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
          The site is temporarily in local mode, so it's running all css through the application.

          Each request for a static item adds a redirect (don't ask) which could be causing it ... however, with Dragyn42 reporting it working for JS, I'm a little confused.

          Hopefully, the dns will change soon for me (due to corporate restrictions, I can't do anything to hurry it up, even using a hostfile) and I'll be able to send the site fully live and this will rectify itself.

          T.

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
            Through the wonders of wget - problem should now be solved.

            T.

            On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 3:19 PM, dragyn42 <dragyn42@...> wrote:

            > Im having the same issue. It looks like the CSS pages arent loading. Taking a quick peek in firebug shows copies of the homepage on each attempt to load the stylesheets, indicating to me a 404 error, assuming your server redirects to index on a 404. If it helps in diagnosing, the js files in the same directory are loading fine.
            >
            > -dragyn
            >
            > --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Nope - should be pretty formatted - unfortunately, my work DNS hasn't
            > > updated yet, so I'm not able to see it ... It sounds like something
            > > isn't working properly in the css/js
            > >
            > > T.
            > >
            > > On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Michael <msandbjw@...> wrote:
            > > >

            > > > Hey Tim,
            > > >
            > > > Should the home page have graphics or is it just plain with all the Authors names listed straight down in a column?
            > > >
            > > > Mike

          • Michael
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
              Yep and its loading correctly for me as well. Mike