Re: [fanficauthors] FanficAuthors home page

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
      It's working just fine here... all nice and properly formatted. Using latest firefox.
      --
      Ogden Nash  - "The trouble with a kitten is that when it grows up, it's always a cat."

      On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
      Nope - should be pretty formatted - unfortunately, my work DNS hasn't
      updated yet, so I'm not able to see it ... It sounds like something
      isn't working properly in the css/js

      T.

      On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Michael <msandbjw@...> wrote:

      > Hey Tim,
      >
      > Should the home page have graphics or is it just plain with all the Authors names listed straight down in a column?
      >
      > Mike

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         fanficauthors-digest@yahoogroups.com
         fanficauthors-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Michael
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
        Hum, Using latest Firefox, IE, Chrome, and safari. Clear all private data in each and reloaded still getting a white page with only the Column of info. Glad your getting the correct format Chris. Now I'm wondering if my PC is screwed up.

        --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, Chris P <chris050987@...> wrote:

        > It's working just fine here... all nice and properly formatted. Using latest
        > firefox.
        > --
        > Ogden Nash <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/o/ogden_nash.html> -
        > "The trouble with a kitten is that when it grows up, it's always a cat."
        >
        > On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Nope - should be pretty formatted - unfortunately, my work DNS hasn't
        > > updated yet, so I'm not able to see it ... It sounds like something
        > > isn't working properly in the css/js
        > >
        > > T.
        > >
        > > On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Michael <msandbjw@...> wrote:
        > > >

        > > > Hey Tim,
        > > >
        > > > Should the home page have graphics or is it just plain with all the
        > > Authors names listed straight down in a column?
        > > >
        > > > Mike

      • dragyn42
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
          Im having the same issue. It looks like the CSS pages arent loading. Taking a quick peek in firebug shows copies of the homepage on each attempt to load the stylesheets, indicating to me a 404 error, assuming your server redirects to index on a 404. If it helps in diagnosing, the js files in the same directory are loading fine.

          -dragyn

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
            The site is temporarily in local mode, so it's running all css through the application.

            Each request for a static item adds a redirect (don't ask) which could be causing it ... however, with Dragyn42 reporting it working for JS, I'm a little confused.

            Hopefully, the dns will change soon for me (due to corporate restrictions, I can't do anything to hurry it up, even using a hostfile) and I'll be able to send the site fully live and this will rectify itself.

            T.

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
              Through the wonders of wget - problem should now be solved.

              T.

              On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 3:19 PM, dragyn42 <dragyn42@...> wrote:

              > Im having the same issue. It looks like the CSS pages arent loading. Taking a quick peek in firebug shows copies of the homepage on each attempt to load the stylesheets, indicating to me a 404 error, assuming your server redirects to index on a 404. If it helps in diagnosing, the js files in the same directory are loading fine.
              >
              > -dragyn
              >
              > --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Nope - should be pretty formatted - unfortunately, my work DNS hasn't
              > > updated yet, so I'm not able to see it ... It sounds like something
              > > isn't working properly in the css/js
              > >
              > > T.
              > >
              > > On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Michael <msandbjw@...> wrote:
              > > >

              > > > Hey Tim,
              > > >
              > > > Should the home page have graphics or is it just plain with all the Authors names listed straight down in a column?
              > > >
              > > > Mike

            • Michael
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
                Yep and its loading correctly for me as well. Mike