Re: [fanficauthors] FanficAuthors home page

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
      Nope - should be pretty formatted - unfortunately, my work DNS hasn't
      updated yet, so I'm not able to see it ... It sounds like something
      isn't working properly in the css/js

      T.

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
        It's working just fine here... all nice and properly formatted. Using latest firefox.
        --
        Ogden Nash  - "The trouble with a kitten is that when it grows up, it's always a cat."

        On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
        Nope - should be pretty formatted - unfortunately, my work DNS hasn't
        updated yet, so I'm not able to see it ... It sounds like something
        isn't working properly in the css/js

        T.

        On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Michael <msandbjw@...> wrote:

        > Hey Tim,
        >
        > Should the home page have graphics or is it just plain with all the Authors names listed straight down in a column?
        >
        > Mike

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           fanficauthors-digest@yahoogroups.com
           fanficauthors-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Michael
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
          Hum, Using latest Firefox, IE, Chrome, and safari. Clear all private data in each and reloaded still getting a white page with only the Column of info. Glad your getting the correct format Chris. Now I'm wondering if my PC is screwed up.

          --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, Chris P <chris050987@...> wrote:

          > It's working just fine here... all nice and properly formatted. Using latest
          > firefox.
          > --
          > Ogden Nash <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/o/ogden_nash.html> -
          > "The trouble with a kitten is that when it grows up, it's always a cat."
          >
          > On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Nope - should be pretty formatted - unfortunately, my work DNS hasn't
          > > updated yet, so I'm not able to see it ... It sounds like something
          > > isn't working properly in the css/js
          > >
          > > T.
          > >
          > > On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Michael <msandbjw@...> wrote:
          > > >

          > > > Hey Tim,
          > > >
          > > > Should the home page have graphics or is it just plain with all the
          > > Authors names listed straight down in a column?
          > > >
          > > > Mike

        • dragyn42
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
            Im having the same issue. It looks like the CSS pages arent loading. Taking a quick peek in firebug shows copies of the homepage on each attempt to load the stylesheets, indicating to me a 404 error, assuming your server redirects to index on a 404. If it helps in diagnosing, the js files in the same directory are loading fine.

            -dragyn

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
              The site is temporarily in local mode, so it's running all css through the application.

              Each request for a static item adds a redirect (don't ask) which could be causing it ... however, with Dragyn42 reporting it working for JS, I'm a little confused.

              Hopefully, the dns will change soon for me (due to corporate restrictions, I can't do anything to hurry it up, even using a hostfile) and I'll be able to send the site fully live and this will rectify itself.

              T.

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
                Through the wonders of wget - problem should now be solved.

                T.

                On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 3:19 PM, dragyn42 <dragyn42@...> wrote:

                > Im having the same issue. It looks like the CSS pages arent loading. Taking a quick peek in firebug shows copies of the homepage on each attempt to load the stylesheets, indicating to me a 404 error, assuming your server redirects to index on a 404. If it helps in diagnosing, the js files in the same directory are loading fine.
                >
                > -dragyn
                >
                > --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Nope - should be pretty formatted - unfortunately, my work DNS hasn't
                > > updated yet, so I'm not able to see it ... It sounds like something
                > > isn't working properly in the css/js
                > >
                > > T.
                > >
                > > On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Michael <msandbjw@...> wrote:
                > > >

                > > > Hey Tim,
                > > >
                > > > Should the home page have graphics or is it just plain with all the Authors names listed straight down in a column?
                > > >
                > > > Mike

              • Michael
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
                  Yep and its loading correctly for me as well. Mike