FanficAuthors home page

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
      Hey Tim,

      Should the home page have graphics or is it just plain with all the Authors names listed straight down in a column?

      Mike
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
        Nope - should be pretty formatted - unfortunately, my work DNS hasn't
        updated yet, so I'm not able to see it ... It sounds like something
        isn't working properly in the css/js

        T.

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
          It's working just fine here... all nice and properly formatted. Using latest firefox.
          --
          Ogden Nash  - "The trouble with a kitten is that when it grows up, it's always a cat."

          On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
          Nope - should be pretty formatted - unfortunately, my work DNS hasn't
          updated yet, so I'm not able to see it ... It sounds like something
          isn't working properly in the css/js

          T.

          On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Michael <msandbjw@...> wrote:

          > Hey Tim,
          >
          > Should the home page have graphics or is it just plain with all the Authors names listed straight down in a column?
          >
          > Mike

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
             fanficauthors-digest@yahoogroups.com
             fanficauthors-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Michael
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
            Hum, Using latest Firefox, IE, Chrome, and safari. Clear all private data in each and reloaded still getting a white page with only the Column of info. Glad your getting the correct format Chris. Now I'm wondering if my PC is screwed up.

            --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, Chris P <chris050987@...> wrote:

            > It's working just fine here... all nice and properly formatted. Using latest
            > firefox.
            > --
            > Ogden Nash <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/o/ogden_nash.html> -
            > "The trouble with a kitten is that when it grows up, it's always a cat."
            >
            > On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Nope - should be pretty formatted - unfortunately, my work DNS hasn't
            > > updated yet, so I'm not able to see it ... It sounds like something
            > > isn't working properly in the css/js
            > >
            > > T.
            > >
            > > On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Michael <msandbjw@...> wrote:
            > > >

            > > > Hey Tim,
            > > >
            > > > Should the home page have graphics or is it just plain with all the
            > > Authors names listed straight down in a column?
            > > >
            > > > Mike

          • dragyn42
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
              Im having the same issue. It looks like the CSS pages arent loading. Taking a quick peek in firebug shows copies of the homepage on each attempt to load the stylesheets, indicating to me a 404 error, assuming your server redirects to index on a 404. If it helps in diagnosing, the js files in the same directory are loading fine.

              -dragyn

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
                The site is temporarily in local mode, so it's running all css through the application.

                Each request for a static item adds a redirect (don't ask) which could be causing it ... however, with Dragyn42 reporting it working for JS, I'm a little confused.

                Hopefully, the dns will change soon for me (due to corporate restrictions, I can't do anything to hurry it up, even using a hostfile) and I'll be able to send the site fully live and this will rectify itself.

                T.

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
                  Through the wonders of wget - problem should now be solved.

                  T.

                  On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 3:19 PM, dragyn42 <dragyn42@...> wrote:

                  > Im having the same issue. It looks like the CSS pages arent loading. Taking a quick peek in firebug shows copies of the homepage on each attempt to load the stylesheets, indicating to me a 404 error, assuming your server redirects to index on a 404. If it helps in diagnosing, the js files in the same directory are loading fine.
                  >
                  > -dragyn
                  >
                  > --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, Tim Joy <jeconais@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Nope - should be pretty formatted - unfortunately, my work DNS hasn't
                  > > updated yet, so I'm not able to see it ... It sounds like something
                  > > isn't working properly in the css/js
                  > >
                  > > T.
                  > >
                  > > On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Michael <msandbjw@...> wrote:
                  > > >

                  > > > Hey Tim,
                  > > >
                  > > > Should the home page have graphics or is it just plain with all the Authors names listed straight down in a column?
                  > > >
                  > > > Mike

                • Michael
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 11, 2009
                    Yep and its loading correctly for me as well. Mike