Forum now closed

  • jeconais
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 17, 2009
      On Sunday the 18th of January, 2009, the fanficauthors.net forum were
      closed. The url has been redirected to this yahoo group, so that there
      is somewhere that can be used if there are any problems with the sites
      themselves.

      Some of the threads will be ported over to the files sections.

      The reason for the closure is simply the lack of use of the Forum.

      I would like to thank those that took the time and effort to make the
      Forum place what it was, and offer an apology to all of those that I
      didn't email personally.

      To ensure there is no confusion. The Forum is closing, the site is NOT
      closing.

      Jeconais
    • Joe Fenton
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 17, 2009
        While I'm sad to see the forum close, I'm glad the site is still
        around. Hopefully things won't be too bad here. By the way, for folks
        coming here from the forum, I'm JoeFenton from the forum. I hope to
        see all the old crowd here eventually. :)
      • mcultramar
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 17, 2009
          --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Fenton" <jlfenton65@...> wrote:

          > While I'm sad to see the forum close, I'm glad the site is still
          > around. Hopefully things won't be too bad here. By the way, for folks
          > coming here from the forum, I'm JoeFenton from the forum. I hope to
          > see all the old crowd here eventually. :)

          Also sad to see the forums go, where am I going to get my update
          information from now ?

          Hopefully the updated fic information will start to flow through here
          soon.

          Looking forward to more fic on the site though, from any of the
          authors ;-)

          Mike
          --
          Who's now going back to sleep
        • Katy
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 17, 2009

            > Some of the threads will be ported over to the files sections.

            Can I request that the Masterlist of completed story rec list be one
            of the threads added to the files section?

            Am sorry to see the old forum go - I had it all added to my daily routine!
          • verahsa
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 17, 2009
              I will sorely miss the FFA forums, personally. I didn't often post,
              admittedly; but it was nice reading through the updates, and there was
              a very nice list of 'good fics' to read in the fic search links.

              I stopped searching because all the stuff I would normally 'search'
              for was in the updated fics post on a constant basis, and the last
              couple of months have been very seriously hard on me for time.

              The Forums will be sorely missed.

              Thank you, Tim, for keeping that up for us for so long, it was greatly
              appreciated. :)
            • Carlos
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 18, 2009
                I cant believe it closed, I went to the forum at least 2 times a day
                and im sad to hear its closed.