276Re: [fanficauthors] Re: Site structure anoyance.

  • pfeil
    Dec 22, 2010
      On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 01:01, ubereng <mryahell@...> wrote:

      > --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, Mike Fairbanks <musingsofapathy@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Why not just know your login and password and enter it when the subject
      >> comes up?
      >
      > That is a very, very bad habit to have.
      > Alas it is what I ended up doing with FFA -- since the consequences of my account getting hacked are limited to annoyances and perhaps (more) bad reviews. ;)

      For sites with nothing really worth protecting, there's nothing wrong
      with some easy password (even just 123456) with @sitename at the end.
      That way it's too long to brute force, it's protected against
      automated attacks on other sites if one is broken, and it's easy to
      type.
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic