273Re: Site structure anoyance.
- Dec 21, 2010--- In email@example.com, Chris P <chris050987@...> wrote:
> It takes 5-10 minutes to open all the individual author pages and log in,
> then whatever password manager you use will helpfully fill in the form when
> you next hit that author page. No reason to make changes :D
You need to:
(1) Erase the site cookies.
(2) Load an author subdomain.
(3) Copy and Paste the username and password into the PW manager and click login.
(4) Repeat-all, for 22 authors (more reportedly on the way).
That's about 30 seconds per author, for a total of at least 11 minutes of mindless clicking. Repeat for every different machine you use.
Then do it all again, if/when you change your password.
If you think that 11 minutes (times 3 main machines, for me) is not such a long time, Then get an acquaintance to punch you in the arm twice a minute for 11 minutes -- time slows way, the fark, down.
I suppose I might gin up a Firefox extension to automate the process, but that's at the very bottom of my rainy-day, to-code list. (FFA's the only problem site and updated stories are rather infrequent these days.)
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>