187Re: [fanficauthors] March Updates

    Mar 30, 2010
      Looking good, and thanks for the .lit files. I don't have an epub reader, nor an Ipod or similar (nor do I want to install yet another document reader), but lit files are good :D

      A minor nitpick. Would it be possible to change the way the list of stories show up on the main page? right now, it simple makes a list that stretches down, and in the cases of Bobmin or Clell, that's a LOONG list. What if, instead of just extending the square, you enlarge it so it takes up the all the screen (as necessary, listing the stories like the "List" option in windows folders)? This won't keep the current "sort by last update" order, but it makes all the stories by the more prolific authors easier to see, rather than having to scroll endlessly.

      But as I said, this is a minor thing, and it's good as it is :) Just something to keep in mind for future updates. ^^

      Chris
      --

      On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 11:16 AM, jeconais <jeconais@...> wrote:
      For those that don't look at my news page...

      Updated www.fanficauthors.net, as well as a different design, it now has a Show More button, that will list every story an author has written - a much requested feature.

      Epub: I've rewritten the epub generator to be more than a series of string munging hacks. I've also validated every file on the site - so I know it works now.  With that, .lit (amazon kindle) files will start to appear shortly.  It's automatic, but runs via the webservice and my home pc, so it may take up to two days for it to appear after a chapter has been added.

      Display options:  I've added a link to the story display options to every page on the site, with a link back to the story if required.  Also, I added a light-on-dark option, for those that prefer it.

      Reviews:  I've eliminated the massive problems we've been having with duplicate reviews.  As well as throttling reviews (one every 30 seconds, max), it will now reject at a db level, duplicate reviews from one user.

      Finally, with thanks to Jim_xinu, I've eliminated the bug that was stopping certain Android based phones from downloading files.  Turns out it was caused by a difference between Apache and nginx, and how I was dealing with some headers.

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)