139Re: [fanficauthors] Drawbacks with the new site

  • Jim Trigg
    Dec 15, 2009
      On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 06:09:59AM -0800, josh fanfic wrote:
      > I've got all three cookies -- passhash, fs, and ff. All of these
      > change appropriately when I change one of the keys -- font size,
      > typeface, or my password. I also get prompted to modify cookies, so
      > that much is all working fine.
      > It seems like some parts of the site _do_ honour the fs cookie (the
      > font size jumped to 14pt on Bobmin's section), while others don't
      > (Kokopelli's dropped back to standard).
      > None of the sections seem to honour the ff cookie.
      > Just to make things more interesting, if I change the settings while on
      > Kokopelli's page, the fs then becomes honoured. It still ignores ff,
      > though.
      > Sorry I can't be more insightful for you.

      I have a partial answer -- for some reason, on my Linux system (which,
      as I finally discovered, does *not* have a Palatino Linotype font),
      setting the font to Palatino Linotype gives a serif font on the settings
      page but nowhere else (and not on the settings page if you go back
      later). Setting to Georgia or Times New Roman (both of which my system
      has) works flawlessly.

      Jim
      --
      Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else O- /"\
      \ / ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN