111Re: [fanficauthors] Re: Unable to login on new FFA . . .

    Dec 11, 2009
      Well, that's embarrassing. The fact that you see the profile page
      means that you have logged in properly.

      What you were seeing was an incorrect redirect, sending you to an
      error message, not a success message.

      I've fixed that, and checked it works.

      The second problem, with stories not allowing you access, I need a
      little more detail. What stories, and what is your username? (Note:
      I do NOT want your password!)

      T.

      On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 8:59 PM, lordbilbanes880 <kingdud55@...> wrote:

      > I ham having issues with the new site not changing my font choices. My preference is for Times New Roman, but whenever I make the change it doesn't stick.
      >
      > I am using Firefox 3.5 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit. My log in ID does function.
      >
      > --- In fanficauthors@yahoogroups.com, "strolling_along_987" <josh.fanfic@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'm unable to login with the new FFA code, using my old login. Or rather, it appears to not let me login, though I can change settings and have those changes remembered -- even though it tells me I'm not logged in. Cookies + JScript are enabled for FFA.
      > >
      > > Noting that there was mention of unique name issues and emails were sent with links to do renaming, I scanned the ol' spam folders but found nothing. Just to be sure it wasn't my old account, I created a new account.
      > >
      > > I received a form email (it lacked the created name, was it supposed to show up?), and validated it. I then tried to login with the new account, and again had no success. It continued to report errors, though once again I could change the state of "alerts" on the account and it saved it -- despite telling me I wasn't logged in.
      > >
      > > I can't read the stories, so I'm clearly not fully authenticated.
      > >
      > > Thoughts?
      > >
      > > Not that it should matter, but this is FF3.5 on Linux.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic