Growth

  • stan
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 15, 2006
      Conscience is the root of all true courage; if a man would
      be brave let him obey his conscience.

      James Freeman Clarke

      The hero is the one who kindles a great light in the world,
      who sets up blazing torches in the dark streets of life for
      men to see by. The saint is the man who walks through
      the dark paths of the world, himself a light.

      Felix Adler

      One can choose to go back toward safety or forward
      toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again;
      fear must be overcome again and again."

      Abraham Maslow
      1908-1970, Psychologist

      http://quotes.wordpress.com/

      http://quotations.home.worldnet.att.net/
    • Stanley Liszewski
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 29, 2008
        The strongest oak of the forest is not the one that is
        protected from the storm and hidden from the sun. It's the
        one that stands in the open where it is compelled to
        struggle for existence against the winds and rains and the
        scorching sun.

        Napoleon Hill

        I'm not happy, I'm cheerful. There's a difference. A happy
        woman has no cares at all. A cheerful woman has cares but
        has learned how to deal with them.

        Beverly Sills (1929-)
        American Opera Singer

        "All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous
        unpremeditated act without the benefit of experience."

        Henry Miller

        "We must use time as a tool, not as a crutch."

        John F. Kennedy

        "If one speaks or acts with a cruel mind, misery follows, as
        the cart follows the horse... If one speaks or acts with a pure
        mind, happiness follows, as a shadow follows its source."

        the Dhammapada
      • Stanley Liszewski
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 9, 2008
          Growth is the only evidence of life.

          John, Cardinal Newman

          "I have found power in the mysteries of thought."

          Euripides

          "They always say time changes things, but you actually
          have to change them yourself."

          Andy Warhol

          Babe Ruth hit more home runs than anyone; he also
          struck out more often than anyone.

          Anonymous