Whenever Brenda and I attend a family reunion we always walk away having learned an important lesson that heightens our spirit, raises our quality of life and enhances our relationships. Over the years there are always five life lessons that these events cause to resonate in our minds.
1. Take Care of Yourself - Take care of yourself and everything else will fall into place. It is a fact that when you get a good nights sleep your day is bound to go better by comparison. When you are refreshed you are much more capable and competent for the task at hand. We make better financial, academic and health related decisions when well rested, which returns a rewarding cycle of good mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally.
2. Love Listens - Take time to listen to your family members when they speak. Knowing someone cares enough to listen makes the effort of getting together worthwhile. Every family should have a support system with a mission to validate each family member regardless of their station in life, education or class. Get to know their interests and likes. Try to relate and find common ground. A good place to start is reading their online profile.
3. Love Grows - Love has no limits in time or space. A person can love hundreds of people simultaneously and still have room for hundreds more. That means there is enough love to go around. It only takes a few seconds to show it and a few minutes to grow it.
4. Success is Setting Goals - Many family members leave the reunion with a set of goals they wish to achieve such as going to college, being a better father, mother or spouse. When attending a family reunion take special note of individuals and couples who have been committed to successfully carrying out their roles in life . Observe and discover the keys to making it work. Set the goal to become what it takes to be a happy committed partner, mother or father in the relationship by setting progressive goals for yourself.
5. Happiness is making others Happy - There is no greater reward than giving someone something meaningful that does them lasting good. While one can give food, money or some other tangible item, teaching them how to acquire and maintain what's most important in life, a loving circle of people who care, goes a long way. That said, giving something that will be of lasting good brings the most happiness. The rewards are beyond measure.
And speaking of happy... How can you aim to please just about everyone at your upcoming family reunion?
One way is by being as inclusive as possible regarding interests, preferences and likes. That means taking into consideration family members tastes in the areas of music, sports and entertainment. Granted you did this when taking the initial survey regarding themes and activities. But what about the family reunion luncheon/dinner program itself? Here are a few great ideas that aim to please and put a smile on the faces of each family reunion member.
1. Find out music titles each family reunion attendee likes. During the festivities play one or two
songs on behalf of each family member.
2. Make a list of games shows each attendee enjoys watching. Create fun reunion games centered around the game shows most popular among attendees.
3. Determine the sports activities most attendees enjoy and incorporate a few of them the family rreunions outdoor activities.
Fimark's family reunion planner web app includes the Invitees Interest List which lists profiles of
friends and family members along with their favorites and likes including music, sports, games, books, movies and more. You don't have to fill in the list. It's all already entered and in place. Just open the list and start reading the likes and favorites for each attendee under the appropriate category.
Find out more at http//family-reunion-planner.fimark.net