7 Tips To Plan Your Family Reunion

  • ibcnet32123
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2013
      Inside:
      1. A Shout Out!
      2. Planning A Family Reunion Cruise
      3. 7 Tips To Plan Your Family Reunion

      1. Shout Out!
      Here's a shout out to Elsie of North Carolina and Jean of Atlanta Georgia and all you family reunion planners in Hawaii. Aloha! Another shout out to all you happy knitters! You super dads who feed the birds, take walks and talk to your kids and couples who love to cook and chow down together. And to Brenda. Thanks for that healthy veggie spread and dip you prepared yesterday. We Are Family!

      I hope to take Brenda on a much needed cruise and visit Hawaii's reunion planners while photoing some of the most fascinating exotic islands along the way and then I'll upload them all on my Pinterest Board. http://pinterest.com/fimarkhome/

      2. Planning A Family Reunion Cruise
      Did you know that hundreds of our readers and web application users have successfully completed their family reunion planning early. The question is how did they do it?

      If you're anxious to get your family reunion event planing off the ground consider travel packages. Family reunion cruises are gaining popularity. Best of all you only need to handle group booking and can enjoy all the savings and special amenities group plans include. Now's the time to look for great deals on summer and fall cruises for 2013 - 2014. For more info go to http://family-reunion-planner.fimark.net/reunion-travel-vacation.html

      7 Tips To Plan Your Family Reunion

      1. Delegate ASAP
      Form a reunion committee comprised of at least one additional member per 20 attendees. Get a checklist of event planning tasks. Recruit and delegate tasks immediately. Follow up on progress made and keep everyone from getting in each others way.

      2. Get The Word Out
      You've heard it said "if you build it they will come?" That may be true when it comes to planning a special event. But if no one knows you built it you won't get much company. That said, it's important to get the word out as early as possible.

      3. Advance Communication
      Often good communication well in advance is all that's needed to rally
      support. Give them a heads up on when the event will take place, what the activities are and how they can help. Now they can schedule time off or adjust their vacation plans to include the reunion. That said, I recommended that the event be planned at least 7 months ahead of time. 12 or more months advance notice would be ideal.

      4. Mark Good Use Of Worksheets
      To keep reunion meetings from getting bogged down with too much information and little time to follow up with delegated tasks make use of reunion committee worksheets, review action item and follow-up promptly.

      For example, if there is a need to schedule a tour of a resort, order
      catering and have a professional on location photo shoot you'll need to know when to make those calls, who to contact and when to follow up with that person. To avoid forgetting important tasks all that's needed is a timeline checklist and worksheet. By the way, if you're considering a family reunion cruise it's all in the package. Like that Lionel Richie song, all you need to do is "Go, Go, Go..."

      5. Great Reunion Planning Tools
      We recommend making good use of reunion planning tools that include a timeline checklist with preparation reminders, attendee database, scheduling worksheets, committees assignment sheets, reunion needs lists, meal planner checklists, a music checklist, supplies list, invitations, flyers, itinerary template, dinner program template, announcement submitter, budget and cost estimator as well as other essentials for time and cost effective family reunion planning.

      6. Reunion Planning Web Applications
      One such planner is called Fimark's Family Reunion Planner 3.0. Check out the free evaluation version at...http://family-reunion-planner.fimark.net/step1.html. Fimark's Family Reunion Planner web application includes a family reunion Cruise Planner complete with activities and itinerary.

      7. Event Planning Books
      Prefer an event planning book? Get Fimark's Family Reunion Planner Keepsake Guide Book http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007VFVM4K. The Family Reunion Planner book includes a family reunion Cruise Planner complete with event planning checklist, packing checklist, activities and itinerary.

      Now's the time to look for great deals on summer and fall cruises for 2013 - 2014. For more info go to http://family-reunion-planner.fimark.net/reunion-travel-vacation.html

      Read our blog at
      http://familyreunionplanners.blogspot.com