Incoming 2013

  • ibcnet32123
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2013
      1. Incoming 2013
      2. No Regrets
      3. New Year Resolutions
      4. 2nd Annual Family Night

      Here is a shout out to family reunion planners in Main, Georgia and The East Coast. - Welcome aboard.

      INCOMING 2013
      Can you believe that 2012 has come and gone? It was back in 2008 that we wrote... "Before you know it we'll be sipping a frosty glass of lemonade to the beat of "Family Reunion" on a warm Sunny day while the youngn's laugh and play." Well 2007 thru 2013 has come and gone. But we do have our memories don't we? And that's what it's all about. Even now we are halfway thru the month of January and the rest is about to be gulped down.

      NO REGRETS
      Don't drink your refreshing cup of life to quickly.
      Learn how to truly savor the moment. Enjoying the moment is not as easy as it sounds. But when you consider the fact that all we really have are our memories, the present time, and the happiness we hope to enjoy in the near future making memories free of needless regrets has much to do with knowing how to enjoy the moment.

      1. Don't drown out past regrets in bottles of brew. This will only conjure up foolish talk and actions we end up regretting later.

      2. Don't attempt to mimic a pretense of happiness. Why pretend when you can experience the real thing? Give yourself permission to be truly happy.

      3. Don't try to live someone-else's life. Help them live their own life and always live your own.

      4. Trying to relive the good old days in our present time won't work. Focus living in the here and now. Only then can you look back fondly and enjoy a memory with substance, meaning and purpose.

      5. Much of your success in creating a memory has to do with good planning and keeping things simple enough to enjoy the present. Give yourself permission to enter the moment, the present day and the hour and make the most of it with the ones you love rather than fussing over endless details.

      NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS
      What are your New Years resolutions? How close are you to meeting your goal? Here's are some tips that help make your resolutions a reality.

      1. Spend more time with family even if it means writing letters, making phone calls or video conferencing.

      2. Don't just talk about what you want to do. Make it happen with good planning.

      3. Planning an event? Begin by considering the purpose of the event and what you want to accomplish and express. Create a theme.

      4. Put an event planning date on your calendar and think about the features of the event until the planning date arrives.

      2ND ANNUAL FAMILY NIGHT
      Brenda and I put on a successful 2nd Annual Family Night last month for family and friends. We enjoyed professional music composed by close friends of the family. We enjoyed slideshows of out young from birth to present. We even composed our own background music. Our purpose in doing this was six-fold.

      1. Bring our family back together purely to celebrate family values and take pride in our roles as parents and siblings.

      2. Teach the importance of putting family first over and above secular interests.

      3. Teach our youth solid relationship skills while building character and unbreakable bonds.

      4. Provide a positive pro-active outlet to direct all of our creative energy and inspire our youth to think about what they want to do with their life.

      5. Fill the need for paternal affection

      6. Heal aching hearts needing to confront family loss and provide closure.

      7. Learn how to celebrate new life.

      This time around their were fewer delays and disappointments. More time for hugs, taking photos and shaking hands. Our second Annual Family Night event was the most wonderful and beautiful moment that I and most of the attendees had ever experienced.

      My most gratifying memory is that the whole thing was conceived by Brenda and I on our family summer vacation.

      Planning a family reunion is a great reason to come together. Be it to quilt, knit, exchange ideas, photos or reminisce. When you think about it the time spent in preparation for a family reunion is much like the preparation leading to wedding. It's a time to enjoy the moment. Contemplate and plan the future and appreciate the accomplishments leading to entering the next stage of life. When the reunion days have passed you realize just how much the event was needed for all involved.

      Get your copy of the The Family Reunion Planner Guide and Keepsake at
      http://family-reunion-planner.fimark.net and start creating memories, drinking up life and living in the moment.

      Happy Reunion Planning Everyone!

      Mark and Brenda