Our Annual Congregation Family Picnic Success

  • ibcnet32123
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2012
      Due to extreme weather conditions many wondered if our outdoor event would be cancelled.

      It was a hot day, but soon a cool breeze blew in under the shade of the pavilions. Still we fired up the grill, blew up and hung decorative balloons and streamers, started up the bubble blowers and made sure we had plenty of iced water and cool water games. Then we waited, and waited and waited.

      A few hours later a attendees showed up. An hour later more arrived. In time over 60 filled the two pavilions. The congregation annual Family BBQ had begun. This summer the event would be held at MeadowWood Park in Huntvalley MD.

      The small park with lots of grassland was a first for us. It had a large playing field, cool shady pavilions and a small stream and cross bridge that local kids used to catch crayfish.

      Family, friends and friends of friends attended. Everyone from little ones to our eldest were fully involved in the activities of the day.

      As usual Brenda and I did much of the planning organizing and directing. We like to do something different each year and build anticipation weeks in advance. Wonderful memories were made, old friendships rekindled and new ones made.

      Our activity list was as follows:
      1, Face Painting
      2. Bubble Games
      3. Water Balloon Toss
      4. Card Games

      For more ideas for your summer reunion look inside Fimark's Family Reunion
      Planner Keepsake Guide Book or download the application at
      http://family-reunion-planner.fimark.net

      Looking for more fantastic ideas? Find 7 more here...
      http://familyreunionplanners.blogspot.com/2011/06/family-reunion-idea.html