229Breaking New Ground

  • ibcnet32123
    Dec 3, 2013

      Did you enjoy your weekend? Ours was meaningful and restful. Brenda and I took the time to talk about our lives and the direction it has been taking over the past 10 years. Much has been accomplished helping newly married loved ones remain grounded and their household become more functional by taking an assessment of oneself in order to really be true as a couple.

      There comes a time when we all must decide to turn about face, look back and ahead and adjust the sails and rudder toward our destination. What else is there to do but your absolute undistracted best when at the helm until the goal has been reached. Instead of going with the flow, which is so easy to do, we at times have to swim upstream against the tide.  Ride into the storm and in the end break new ground.

      In between it all we cooked, baked, entertained ourselves and enjoyed some wonderful meals. Let's see. We had french toast with honey, bacon and eggs for breakfast. A very tasty and hearty beef stew for lunch. Prefect for these frigid days. A very tasty dinner and apple cobbler for dessert.

      Thanks to Black Friday and some ingenuity on our part this years big item shopping is behind us. Hope the shopping tips we posted friday helped you too. I suggest you follow the same tips for Cyber Monday. If you don't find what you're looking for on that day don't worry somewhere online it's cyber monday everyday.

      After it was all over we even found time to relax. Now it's time to start planning the next family reunion.  It only takes a few days to pull it all together. I use my Family Reunion Planner Social web app to do it.  Makes a great weekend project.  I'm planning to hold a one hour family meeting using the app to start organizing.

      A few things we will consider:

      The Date:

      The Theme:

      The Activities:

      The Location:

      The app will help us with ideas for all of the above including location. The ebook in the app will help us with activities and worksheets needed to organize. Departmental worksheets explaining the function of each department are included. Sample daily itineraries and dinner programs are also featured in the ebook and under documents.

      Fimark's Family Reunion Planner Social Web App.