220The Secret To Freedom

  • ibcnet32123
    Aug 6, 2013
      1. In A Perfect World
      2. Life Beyond Riches
      3. The Truth Will Set You Free

      In My Perfect World
      In my perfect world people don't require money to survive. They know how to live off the land, wind, sun and rain. Money is only used when selling goods grown on their land and using it to buy those extras - things you can live without but prefer not to.

      This has always been a lifelong goal for me. No, not a dream but an actual goal and an inheritance to pass on to the generations to come. But getting there has been a major challenge. If you're over 40 you have good reason to get there and get their fast. Two words: Health and debt. As we get older we may find we are both getting deeper into debt while our health is failing miserably thanks to consuming years of fast food and associated hospital bills. The question is are we for lack of good healthy planning leaving a legacy of bills and liens our children will have to bear?

      I'm reminded of the prophetic words about a future where "They will certainly build houses and have occupancy; and they will certainly plant vineyards and eat their fruitage. They will not build and someone else have occupancy; they will not plant and someone else do the eating. For like the days of a tree will the days of my people be; and the work of their own hands my chosen ones will use to the full." (Isaiah 65:21, 22)

      We all admire those who live in a house paid for five or more generations ago. Those who grow their own fruit and vegetables acres of land that has been in the family for generations. Those who have money growing in a savings account but don't really need it except to pay taxes, car and home repairs or go on a family trip. Those who use free solar powered energy. Those who drink free water from their own cistern both literally and figuratively. Those who rejoice in the harvest. Those who have family reunions every Sunday afternoon instead of once a year. The point is this kind of life can do much to free the next generation from the pangs of debt and improve ones mental health. And everyone knows that homegrown organic food leads to better health.

      This is the kind of life we all long for. The kind of world we all at one time hoped we could build for ourselves. The best we can do is keep working toward the goal one step at a time, individually. But there is one thing that stands in our way.

      Life Beyond Riches
      Most of us don't reach for the real life free from debt, credit and fast food because we are buying what the rich are selling.
      Many middle class households are subjects of the Kings and Queens of the sports and entertainment world. We look up to them. Pattern our thinking after them and spend hours of our lives watching them perform. They do in fact draw out our strongest feelings of elation, euphoria and adoration. But why?

      Why do we sing their praises and eat what they are selling? Is it because they are rich and famous? Do we idolize them because of our own deep seated love for fame and riches? Could this be the same reason we eat bad food knowing it will bloat and sicken us? Is our attraction to popularity and riches that strong? If we could turn it off like a television set would be get control of our vessel, our lives, our future? Would our health improve? Would we suddenly get the big picture? Would we free ourselves of debt? Would we have the building blocks to secure financial freedom for generations to come?

      The Truth Will Set You Free
      Three years ago I remembered the long term goal I set for myself based on a 4000 year old proverb. "The borrower is slave to the lender." I realized that borrowing money, borrowing a house, a car, an apt, an education and anything and everything we get on credit makes me a subject of the lender. But it takes courage and self-control to choose another route. Recently I and mustered up the courage to set out on an extreme money saving bing. My goal was to reduce living expenses to as close to nothing as possible as a few of our blog readers have been doing for years. I got rid of needless sinkhole debt-making expenses that were putting our credit at risk. In the end I saved $900 a month!

      The rewards were and are phenomenal. Peace of mind. Improved health and creative thinking that is spent being more supportive of my family and friends, planning and enjoying good times with them. Since we freed ourselves of considerable debt we've been able to afford taking out life insurance policies on our parents and adult children. While there is still much more work to be done to reach this goal this I know: One day we'll get there and our example will pave the way for generations to come.

      Thanks to Dad, mom, father and mother-in-law who try so hard to do the same in their own way.

      For more ideas to get your family reunion off the ground consult Fimark's award winning Family Reunion Planner Social web app for use in your Chrome browser. What, don't have FRP Social yet? Good news. The app is reduced from $49 to only $40 for a limited time. Go to http://family-reunion-planner.fimark.net and get started on your family reunion fundraiser and event planning.