New here with a few questions

  • mikenmadisonsmom
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2002
      Hi,

      I have a 3.5 yr old and we're just looking into whats wrong with
      him. My doctor seems to think its mild autism but reading a little
      about angelman syndrome my son seems to fit some of the criteria. He
      has no pigmentation in his hair, he mouths everything constantly.
      The problem is he says lots of words but doesn't put them together
      and he walks and runs. I thought that I would go straight to you
      guys because you are the experts.

      Is it possible for the kids to have varying degrees of angelman or
      do they have to fit all the criteria? Thanks so much for any info
      that you can give.

      Tracy
    • cherrycherry28
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17, 2002
        Tracy:

        Have you been to www.angelman.org? There is a lot of useful
        information there.
        There is also a lot of outdated (and scary) material regarding
        Angelman Syndrome on the web, so try not to take too much stock in
        what you read.

        Take care,

        Cherri
      • angelmum01
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 17, 2002
          Hi,

          YES!!!!! My daughter is concidered high functioning, yet she has no
          vocabulary, I know of a clinical girl that has a good vocabulary and
          I positive girl with a limited vocabulary.....

          Please feel free to post at anytime and ask as many questions as you
          need to ask. I have found that we are the ones that are educationing
          most people about AS....

          Winna
          Shane 11.8, Jessie 7.11 clinical and Kait 6.2
          Campbell River, BC