Re: Intro

  • fersu_jobai
    Message 1 of 80 , Nov 17, 2001
      Hi,<br>Try 12 years before getting a correct
      diagnoses. Our Kris is 17 years old. For 12 years we thought
      he had cerebral palsy until a perfect stranger
      approached us one day to talk about our son and her son.
      They both had the same characteristics. She suggested
      I have Kris tested for Angelman's Syndrome. We did
      and it came out positve. It is strange but it was
      almost a release to finally know what is wrong with our
      son. I joined a list serve on line and have been
      talking to many parents with children with AS. They have
      helped me tremedously to cope with the day to day
      challenges we must face. Good luck to you and if you have
      any questions, please feel free to ask.<br>Sue mom to
      Kris del+ 17 years old
    • melissa
      Message 80 of 80 , Nov 25, 2005
        --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, "monicacarpio_3"
        <MONICACARPIO_3@H...> wrote:

        > --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, starr5959 wrote:
        > >HELLO I HOPE ALL GOES WELL WITH THE TESTING ALL I CAN SAY IS GIVE
        YOUR
        > LITTLE ANGEL LOTS OF LOVE FOR HE/SHE SHALL RETURN IT DOUBLE!!!!
        > > we are still in the testing stage, so far
        > > everything has come back normal, even the EEG , but with all
        > > the seaching I have done, Anglemans fits the
        > > criteria, so far all we have heard is delay developemental
        > > delay but i think that will cahnge in time. will enjoy
        > > being part of your site, support is so helpful through
        > > the testing stage.

        yes i know how you feel.....my son has been tested many times...but no
        pos. results yet....he has only a clinical diagnosis at this
        point...its very frustrating