Intro

  • camcl2
    Message 1 of 80 , Nov 14, 2001
      Hello All,<br><br>I am a mom of an 8 year old boy
      who I suspect has AS. I've never heard of this before
      yesterday, I have my pediatrician reviewing all of my son's
      files etc...<br><br>My questions: My son does have
      about a 5 word vocabulary. And he has an abnormally
      large head, which is opposite standard AS
      characteristics. Otherwise the clinical description is him to a T.
      Would these two thing rule out AS? <br><br>My son is on
      15mg/day of ritalin, and .1mg/day of catapres for
      sleeping. How does this compare to everyone else?
      ASL didn't work for us. He uses a computerized
      communication device called a Dynavox, which has been
      absolutely wonderful.<br><br>I am so thrilled that after
      over 7 years of searching, we may finally have a
      diagnosis. I would love to talk to other parents about AS.
    • melissa
      Message 80 of 80 , Nov 25, 2005
        --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, "monicacarpio_3"
        <MONICACARPIO_3@H...> wrote:

        > --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, starr5959 wrote:
        > >HELLO I HOPE ALL GOES WELL WITH THE TESTING ALL I CAN SAY IS GIVE
        YOUR
        > LITTLE ANGEL LOTS OF LOVE FOR HE/SHE SHALL RETURN IT DOUBLE!!!!
        > > we are still in the testing stage, so far
        > > everything has come back normal, even the EEG , but with all
        > > the seaching I have done, Anglemans fits the
        > > criteria, so far all we have heard is delay developemental
        > > delay but i think that will cahnge in time. will enjoy
        > > being part of your site, support is so helpful through
        > > the testing stage.

        yes i know how you feel.....my son has been tested many times...but no
        pos. results yet....he has only a clinical diagnosis at this
        point...its very frustrating