talking

  • sarah copeland
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2005
      hi everyone, hope all your angels, and you are keeping well
      I would love to know if any of your angels talk ,how well ,
      and how many words ,is it meaningfull and what age did they start
      to use speach.
      I,m sorry it,s sound like a hundred questions . but you read some of
      the angel web sites and they say no speach, and others say they do.
      And who better to ask than your selfs.
      declan is 3 1/2 and as yet there are no words but loads of
      squealing and babble..
      see you sarah and declan..
    • Monica Yalan Chang
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2005
        Hi,
        My angel can say: momo, papa, bebe(our cat's name), more, milk, 5 words. she is also 3 1/2 year old. She can walk (start to walk when she was 21 months old) eat by herself, know colors, shape of numbers, some anmails. sleep by herself at first 5 hours (from 8 pm), and wake up around 1am and comes into our room and sleep until 7 or 8 am. will tell you if she needs to use toilet, and take off the pants, help us clean up the table after dinner, also clean up her room before she goes to bed, ride bicyle when she was 2 and 8 months old, love to play hide and see game, love to paint! have to paint everyday.....and so on..
        I am also really like to know how other AS kids doing....

        Natasha's mom Monica

        sarah copeland <sazcopey@...> wrote:
        hi everyone, hope all your angels, and you are keeping well
        I would love to know if any of your angels talk ,how well ,
        and how many words ,is it meaningfull and what age did they start
        to use speach.
        I,m sorry it,s sound like a hundred questions . but you read some of
        the angel web sites and they say no speach, and others say they do.
        And who better to ask than your selfs.
        declan is 3 1/2 and as yet there are no words but loads of
        squealing and babble..
        see you sarah and declan..

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Monica Yalan Chang

      • sara good
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 4, 2005
          Hi, Sarah. My son is two and half and does not walk on his own. He can if you hold his hand but he is very wobbly. He just had eye surgery for strabismus and has made a major turn around. He walks very well in a walker. The therapist and I are hoping he will walk by Christmas. He is very heavy! 37lbs! I wanted to know if other children were on the hefty side like Josh or tiny. ??? I read that kids diagnosed UPD (which is the way it is looking for Josh) are heavier. Josh just started to have lip closure. He will babble. He can say Buba. We call him Buba most of the time. He can make w noises along with b's and m's. The speech therapist says that she is for certain he will have no problem talking with the letters he can put together. We are working on P'S. He just started biting. He bit me 3 times yesterday. I told him no firmly. Any advice?

          sarah copeland <sazcopey@...> wrote:hi everyone, hope all your angels, and you are keeping well
          I would love to know if any of your angels talk ,how well ,
          and how many words ,is it meaningfull and what age did they start
          to use speach.
          I,m sorry it,s sound like a hundred questions . but you read some of
          the angel web sites and they say no speach, and others say they do.
          And who better to ask than your selfs.
          declan is 3 1/2 and as yet there are no words but loads of
          squealing and babble..
          see you sarah and declan..

          Family cruise special Learning disabled Disabled equipment Family vacation special

        • lacey
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 5, 2005
            Hi,

            My son tanner just turned 2 (oct. 22nd). He can't Really talk yet but
            he has learned "haaa" which for him is yes and "uhuh" which of course
            is no. But today while we were sitting in triage at the emergency room
            my mom said " Hi baby " and He actually said hi back to her. I feel the
            chances of that happening again are slim but his yes and no are very
            meaning full. if you ask him question "Tanner do you wanna take a bath"
            his response is usually "uhuh" (He doesn't think baths are real
            great...just okay). We ask him questions all the time. This is
            something i have been doing since before we knew he had angelmans. I
            would be out shopping and ask him if we should get corn (would hold it
            up) or peas (hold it in other hand) and wait for a response (touching
            the can or kinda pointing). Of course if he didn't respond i would
            choose. But i think it was just that simple interaction that stimulated
            his yes and no.

            lacey
          • Susan Hawk
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 5, 2005
              Hi, our Isabella is 5 and at this point she only says
              bye-bye, baby and mama. She doesn't say them
              spontaneously only with prompting, but I hope she
              eventually will say them without the prompt. She gets
              OT, PT and speech at her school and they go over
              vocabulary words with her. She understands so much
              more then she can say. If you say "look behind you" or
              "go pick up your toy" or whatever she responds
              correctly. She also babbles like crazy, makes lots of
              squeals and noises. Seems more vocal lately then she
              did before. She laughs and giggles all the time, often
              inappropriately to the situation. She walks on her own
              and learned to walk at about the usual time, but her
              gait is odd and not always quite steady, like going up
              a step or down a step can trip her up, or sometimes
              she just trips over her own feet. Isabella used to
              bite and pinch especially when she was excited and we
              did firmly over and over tell her to stop and she is
              much better about it. They also reinforce all that at
              her school. Susan

              --- sara good <iamdonna42701@...> wrote:

              > Hi, Sarah. My son is two and half and does not walk
              > on his own. He can if you hold his hand but he is
              > very wobbly. He just had eye surgery for strabismus
              > and has made a major turn around. He walks very
              > well in a walker. The therapist and I are hoping he
              > will walk by Christmas. He is very heavy! 37lbs!
              > I wanted to know if other children were on the hefty
              > side like Josh or tiny. ??? I read that kids
              > diagnosed UPD (which is the way it is looking for
              > Josh) are heavier. Josh just started to have lip
              > closure. He will babble. He can say Buba. We call
              > him Buba most of the time. He can make w noises
              > along with b's and m's. The speech therapist says
              > that she is for certain he will have no problem
              > talking with the letters he can put together. We
              > are working on P'S. He just started biting. He bit
              > me 3 times yesterday. I told him no firmly. Any
              > advice?
              >
              > sarah copeland <sazcopey@...> wrote:hi
              > everyone, hope all your angels, and you are keeping
              > well
              > I would love to know if any of your angels talk ,how
              > well ,
              > and how many words ,is it meaningfull and what age
              > did they start
              > to use speach.
              > I,m sorry it,s sound like a hundred questions . but
              > you read some of
              > the angel web sites and they say no speach, and
              > others say they do.
              > And who better to ask than your selfs.
              > declan is 3 1/2 and as yet there are no words but
              > loads of
              > squealing and babble..
              > see you sarah and declan..

              > Family cruise special Learning disabled Disabled
              > equipment Family vacation special

              > to:

              > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

              > removed]

              __________________________________
              http://farechase.yahoo.com
            • sara good
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 7, 2005
                The same with Josh. He said bubbles the other day. I was blowing a bubble with gum and he clearly said it. I hurried up and blew more and more and he never said it again. About 6 months ago he was saying ma-ma but now will not say it. He can say his own name....bubba. And he says that when prompted or real late at night he will wake up saying it when he is wound up. How did the party go? I hope that your visit to the ER turned out all right. And I think interaction is great. Although Josh may never speak normally I am not going to be quiet. Some parents may get discouraged and just stop talking. You have to interact. You just have to and it is effective even when they utter uhhhuh or ahhhhh like Josh. Write back when you get a chance. Josh's surgery went GREAT. He is seeing alot better now and way more active. I wonder if he starts walking how much he will be in to-LOL! I would chase him around all day! I can't wait until he walks. Theraphy is hoping by Christmas.
                That would be the best Christmas present ever.

                lacey <tantansmommy@...> wrote:Hi,

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
                    Hey,

                    It's good to hear from you again. His party went great! He was totally tired through both of them.LOL.We went to the ER cause he had 3 really weird seizures (1 while in the er) which helped cause then they got to see what he was doing. It was horrible. He hasn't done it since. He just got done with his 15th pneumonia. We go back to portland tomorrow morning for a feeding clinic. I hope the roads are good . Tanner has gotten real good about answering questions. Its really funny. Well i hope all is good where you are.

                    Lacey

                  • sara good

                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
                        Alright, well we're back from portland. They said everything looks good. That tanner is gaining weight well and getting very tall LOL they were all amazed! We have to get appointments scheduled. They want to do an ABR hearing test (even with tubes he's never passed a test), an ENT appointment, feeding clinic, and a swallow study (ALL IN THE SAME DAY!)So when we go back we'll be very busy. The trip up was alright. I decided to be nice and invite my mother in law to go...that was so annoying! Its like she doesn't believe anything we tell her so she asks the doctors and tries to take control answering questions and helping setting up appointments. Which is dumb because she only see's tanner like once a month (seriously) and she doesn't know whats going on with him. Like they were asking about the seizures and she was telling them about them. SHE WASN'T EVEN THERE! She has no idea what tanner has been doing. Yet thinks she's the queen ....Geez. Okay moving on LOL. I am very glad that
                        joshy has been good! Tanner hasn't had any seizures since that day. It was like a 1 day thing i guess. I don't know. Well write back.

                        Talk to you soon,

                        Lacey