Melatonin Question and Other Comments, Of Course!

  • Maria
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2005
      We have used chloral hydrate off and on with Lydia the past five
      years (mostly off). Since school started, like I posted before,
      she's had a harder time sleeping. I hate to give her the chloral
      hydrate every night, but it almost ends up being every night she
      needs it in order to wind down and go to sleep, or get her back to
      sleep after she has slept for a couple of hours.

      It seems like melatonin works well for others. I have some I got
      for one of my other kids. It is a time release, but I would have to
      crush a pill for Lydia to take it. What have some of you used? Is
      there some type of a time release in a different form that wouldn't
      be affected by being crushed?

      Lydia was a very cute witch for Halloween! Now she is being a very
      cute sleeping angel - with no medicine yet, but I just put her
      down. We never know what the night will bring! I guess that's what
      makes life exciting at our house!

      Yeah for all of the latest walkers!!! Lydia walked a couple of days
      before her 3rd birthday. It is nice to know and compare milestones
      with others. In the past few months (she's 6) she started jumping
      with two feet off the floor! This is her way of dancing or just
      plain showing excitement! We are just waiting to reach the
      milestone of being potty-trained, but no interest in sight right
      now. :( Lydia's fine motor is quite delayed still, but she does
      have a vocabulary of about 75 words and can sign please, thank-you,
      and more. She also communicates by pulling you around to what she
      wants and does a pretty good job that way.

      Luckily our neighbors know Lydia quite well, because several of the
      doors we went trick-or-treating at tonight, Lydia walked right in
      and had to meet whoever was inside! She didn't care so much about
      the treats, except for a little package of m & m's she held for
      about 45 minutes until we got back home where she could open it.
      All she wanted to do was say "hi" to everyone she saw and make sure
      they knew she was around!

      Happy Halloween!

      Maria