new

  • Ellen
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2005
      We are soon to adopt our 5 year old child form Asia. he has been with
      us for 2.5 years. I am wondering about Angelman's. He fits so much of
      the criteria...but his FSH test was normal..no other testing has been
      done. Can I ask questions?
      ellen
    • Anja Worsøe Reiff
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
        Hi Ellen. Just ask away! I am sure we all want to answer your questions as
        good as we can. Did you know, that you can actually have the AS diagnosis
        without alteration of chromosome 15? Rgrds Anja

        We are soon to adopt our 5 year old child form Asia. he has been with
        us for 2.5 years. I am wondering about Angelman's. He fits so much of
        the criteria...but his FSH test was normal..no other testing has been
        done. Can I ask questions?
        ellen

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "familiesofangelmansyndrome
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/familiesofangelmansyndrome> " on the web.

        scribe>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        _____

        <http://promos.hotbar.com/promos/promodll.dll?RunPromo&El=&SG=&RAND=57704&pa
        rtner=hotbar> Upgrade Your Email - Click here!

      • Cliff Nixon
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
          Dear All, Julie has had the FISH, Methalation (sp) and the very last test
          (at Baylor University) to determine Angelman's. The first two tests came
          back negative, so I doubt the third will either. Julie's geneticist
          wanted to do the tests so it might give info for my other daughters when
          they start having children(Long time!!) The last report from the
          geneticist implied that it might be Angel man. I want her to diagnosis
          Julie with the clinical diagnosis based on the criteria that Julie
          definitely has. Anybody have any luck with getting a firm diagnosis or
          tips to talk to the doctor about making this decision? Thanks And God
          Bless, Lynne
        • carrieao24
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 18, 2006
            hi everyone. i am new to this group and i wanted to introduce
            myself. i am a stepmom to a 5.5 year old girl who came up
            inconclusive for angelman syndrome three years ago. recently we've
            begun looking into having her re-tested due to a new neurologist and
            his thoughts on angelmans. i hope to find out info and talk to others
            who are in our shoes. thanks!
            i am also going to try and post a picture of my stepdaughter.
            carrie