Hello

  • Jennifer Posey
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 18 6:03 AM
      Hello everyone this site has been pretty dead for the past week. So I just wanted to try and start it back up. Christopher is 3 years old, he has had strep throat on and off for about 3 months. And when I say on an off I mean that when he's on the antibiotic it clears up then a week after the medicine is gone it comes back. This has been very irritating because it seems to be nothing I can do. The doctor said I could have his tonsils taken out and it would help. First Christopher has already had that done and second he had NEVER even had strep throat until after we took the tonsils out. They did blood work about 2 or 3 weeks ago and it showed that he has had mono in recent days but did not have it right then. Which I don't know if anyone knows this but I was informed that the symptoms could last up to 6 MONTHS. He has been very cranky and whiny he usually sleeps pretty good for me but lately he's been waking up in the middle of the night just whining. I was just curious if
      anyone else's angels got sick a lot and had a hard time getting rid of the illness.

      Hope everyone is having a good weekend
      Jennifer, Christopher, Brianna

    • r sonstegard
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 18 6:08 AM
        I have been having the same problem with my daughter, Alexandrianna, She has been having problems with her throat also. She will be on an antibiotic and then she will be okay for a month but it always comes back. We always know when her throat is bothering her because she will put her hand way back inside her mouth. I am hoping with school out she will get better because for her first 3 years she hardly ever was sick but when she went to the early learning program she started getting sicker.

        Becky
        mom to 6, the youngest being Alexandrianna-4

        Jennifer Posey <jposey83@...> wrote:
[...]

        test'; ">

      • Sue Harris
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 21 6:59 PM
          --Jennifer,
          My daughter Teagan, has had only one bout with Strep (thank God) and
          that one almost had her admitted to the hospital. But my oldest
          son, also a Christopher (not an Angel) had it for what seemed like
          forever, he too got it when his tonsils came out. After strep, came
          sinus infections(just to warn you). The only thing I remember that
          worked was throwing out every toothbrush in the house and offering
          his drinks in disposable cups. Does you son do a lot of mouthing of
          objects? If that's the case, you might just run everything through
          the dishwasher.
          On the up side....and I didn't believe it when another mother said
          it to me in the doctor's waiting room years ago, it does get
          better. After about age 6, my son stopped getting sick. He's 19
          and has been the healthiest in the family. So, hang in there.
          Hugs,
          Sue

          - In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, Jennifer Posey

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 17, 2005
            Hello Everyone

            The group must be on vacation no one has wrote in a while. We went on a trip also but we were only gone for 2 days. I have a question. We went on a 4 hour trip, and Christopher 3 years old whined the entire time it was very hard on me to hear him whine like that and there is nothing I can do for him. Even when we got out he was still pretty cranky and he wouldn't eat. I know his routine means a lot to him, but usually as long as he has me he does fairly well. So I just wanted to know if any one else's angel would fuss non stop in any car ride. Hope everyone is enjoying this hot summer.

            Talk to you soon

            Jennifer, Christopher And Brianna

          • Jessica
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 17, 2005
              <jposey83@y...> wrote:
              > Hello Everyone
              >
              > The group must be on vacation no one has wrote in a while. We
              went on a trip also but we were only gone for 2 days. I have a
              question. We went on a 4 hour trip, and Christopher 3 years old
              whined the entire time it was very hard on me to hear him whine like
              that and there is nothing I can do for him. Even when we got out he
              was still pretty cranky and he wouldn't eat. I know his routine
              means a lot to him, but usually as long as he has me he does fairly
              well. So I just wanted to know if any one else's angel would fuss
              non stop in any car ride. Hope everyone is enjoying this hot summer.

              > Talk to you soon
              >
              > Jennifer, Christopher And Brianna
              >
              > Hello my name is Ma.Jessica, this is in response to long car
              rides.
              sorry to hear that your angel Christopher doesn't seem to like long
              car rides. I don't know which is easier though, because my son Coby
              loves car rides, and he must get atleast 2 hours of car rides before
              bed time. At times i would be sleeping in the car while his father
              is just driving around, hoping coby will fall asleep, or fuss so
              then i know it's safe to go home. But since he was an infant he has
              never fallen asleep while in the car.I am afraid though of air plane
              rides, because Coby can't stand to be enclosed in an area.
              Especially in buildings without windows. Glad to hear your summer
              is going great.
              happy to be a member,
              Maria & Allan. Children: Mae,Eliza,Kyle,Keith,Kevin, & coby

            • r sonstegard

                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 28, 2005
                  I have been doing my own research trying to come up with my daughters
                  diagnosis. I came across Angel Syndrome! I am almost certain she has
                  this. I typed in neurological problems and contagious and
                  inappropriate laughing and not much else is popping up and she has
                  almost all the symptoms down. I wasn't expecting to find this so
                  easily, cuz previously I just typed in microcephaly, developmental
                  delay, and tons of things pop up this, I am sooo happy this might be
                  what she has because we were told they weren't sure if she had a
                  regressing disorder or not and every time something goes wrong, we
                  are like oh know she's going to die!She is the sweetest baby I have
                  ever met! Her geneticist was stumped said see ya later! LOL we'll
                  guess we'll be seeing him! Unless we are suppose to see her
                  neurologist? Any one know if it matters? I can deal with a special
                  needs child, I just am glad to know she has a good chance of being
                  around a long time! That's all I want, a happy baby and a baby that
                  aint going no where. I'm going to type a little history and if any
                  one has any comments about what they think or similarities with their
                  kids lemme know

                  It appeared to be a normal birth, I noticed immediately crossing of
                  the eyes (strabismus has had 2 surgeries to correct this), noticed
                  smiling for nor reason around 2-3 months, was having trouble breast
                  feeding.. worked better on the bottle up intill about 6 months of
                  age, developed a sensitivity or trouble drinking from a bottle. Had
                  an MRI neurologist thought she was regressing, had mild demilination,
                  was becoming stiff and always moving in a jerky pattern. She is
                  delayed still working on sitting up and head control. I sit her up
                  she falls to the side, microcephaly, sweats easily!, sometimes has
                  trouble passing bowels, always making tongue movements or opening and
                  closing the mouth, her teeth are filling in, all have little spaces
                  between each, loves noises, has a contagious giggle, have a hard time
                  changing diapers or clothes, has flat feet, big toe usually sticking
                  up, hands fisted often, still does the fencing reflex when turns head
                  to the side, working on her torticollis,trouble sleeping is the
                  biggest problem! When I hold her up her walking reflex kicks in she
                  looks like the marshmallow man walking..lol sweet as can be,very
                  loving! loves movement and to be bounced vigoursly. always trying to
                  put things in her mouth, she pinches and pulls my hair a lot.

                  I'm just curious what your kids do or don't do

                  Much respect,

                  Priscilla
                • miss_priss_602
                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 28, 2005
                    --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, "miss_priss_602"
                    <priscillathorson@h...> wrote:
                    > I have been doing my own research trying to come up with my
                    daughters
                    > diagnosis. I came across Angel Syndrome! I am almost certain she
                    has
                    > this. I typed in neurological problems and contagious and
                    > inappropriate laughing and not much else is popping up and she has
                    > almost all the symptoms down. I wasn't expecting to find this so
                    > easily, cuz previously I just typed in microcephaly, developmental
                    > delay, and tons of things pop up this, I am sooo happy this might
                    be
                    > what she has because we were told they weren't sure if she had a
                    > regressing disorder or not and every time something goes wrong, we
                    > are like oh know she's going to die!She is the sweetest baby I have
                    > ever met! Her geneticist was stumped said see ya later! LOL we'll
                    > guess we'll be seeing him! Unless we are suppose to see her
                    > neurologist? Any one know if it matters? I can deal with a special
                    > needs child, I just am glad to know she has a good chance of being
                    > around a long time! That's all I want, a happy baby and a baby that
                    > aint going no where. I'm going to type a little history and if any
                    > one has any comments about what they think or similarities with
                    their
                    > kids lemme know
                    >
                    > It appeared to be a normal birth, I noticed immediately crossing of
                    > the eyes (strabismus has had 2 surgeries to correct this), noticed
                    > smiling for nor reason around 2-3 months, was having trouble breast
                    > feeding.. worked better on the bottle up intill about 6 months of
                    > age, developed a sensitivity or trouble drinking from a bottle. Had
                    > an MRI neurologist thought she was regressing, had mild
                    demilination,
                    > was becoming stiff and always moving in a jerky pattern. She is
                    > delayed still working on sitting up and head control. I sit her up
                    > she falls to the side, microcephaly, sweats easily!, sometimes has
                    > trouble passing bowels, always making tongue movements or opening
                    and
                    > closing the mouth, her teeth are filling in, all have little spaces
                    > between each, loves noises, has a contagious giggle, have a hard
                    time
                    > changing diapers or clothes, has flat feet, big toe usually
                    sticking
                    > up, hands fisted often, still does the fencing reflex when turns
                    head
                    > to the side, working on her torticollis,trouble sleeping is the
                    > biggest problem! When I hold her up her walking reflex kicks in she
                    > looks like the marshmallow man walking..lol sweet as can be,very
                    > loving! loves movement and to be bounced vigoursly. always trying
                    > put things in her mouth, she pinches and pulls my hair a lot.
                    >
                    > I'm just curious what your kids do or don't do
                    >
                    > Much respect,
                    >
                    > Priscilla

                    Also wondering if doctors initially thought your kids might have had
                    regressive disorders before the AS diagnosis
                  • miss_priss_602
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 30, 2005
                      I was wondering if any of your angels have low WBC or have had any
                      medicine that gave um low WBC's?
                    • locl36
                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 23, 2007
                        Hi,
                        Im am new to this group. My grandson is 3. He has recently been
                        tested for AS. We do not have results as of yet. He is a very happy
                        little boy. He doesn't talk yet, but makes his needs known in other
                        ways. He has a habit of biting. He bites any chance he gets. I am
                        aware that he is not doing this to hurt anyone and doesn't even
                        realize he is causing pain as he explays great delight when he bites
                        and the person he bites yells out :). Does anyone else have this
                        issue? If so, are there any ideas how to discourage him from biting?
                        He has caused injury at times. Our family is used to it and knows how
                        to avoid it, but he will be starting school soon and we hope to learn
                        ideas so as another child isn't hurt.

                        Thanks
                        Lucy
                      • starr5959
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 8, 2008
                          It just popped up on a search today , that in 2001 I joined this
                          group.
                          My graddaughter at the time was going thru the testing stage .

                          Wow... as I read back over those earlier post I made.

                          As it turns out , in 2002 , we did find our DX, Rett Syndrome.

                          I dont know any other way to put this, so here goes.

                          Alexis was born on 7/8/99, she lived with me her Nana for most of
                          her life. she passed away on 7/5/06.

                          SHE will forever be part of me, forever she will have my heart.

                          I miss her each and every day.

                          hugs and forever butterfly kisses from Maine.
                        • Andy Stoelting
                          Message 12 of 13 , May 22, 2012
                            Let me introduce myself I am Andy Stoelting and I have a 21 year old "child" with Angelmans syndrome. He has been very challengeing to raise and I hope some of mine and my wife's experience can help others in dealing with this type of special child

                          • Harmony Franco
                            Message 13 of 13 , Dec 4, 2014
                              real adult shows
                              Shows -> http://dating17now.com/g/260_8030_cETb1/