Re: Anyone have a duplication on 15?

  • Flash_NC
    Message 1 of 80 , Jun 14, 2001
      My daughter would always learn a new skill then
      lose it (so to speak) and then months down the road
      she'd do it again. Once she picked up the skill for the
      second time, she kept it.<br><br>She is 14 1/2 now.
      She's using sentences but we have to make her do it.
      She would take the easy way if we'd let her but we
      found she could speak in sentences so we make her do it
      when she wants something. <br><br>When she was little
      she cruised the furniture. Very well too. She's drop
      when she came to space where there was nothing to hold
      on to. But when she started school at 4 our first
      goal was to get her to learn to walk. So whenever we'd
      come to pick her up, she had to walk to us. By 5, she
      was walking. She's still not good with her depth
      perception.<br><br>As far as feeding herself she still tries to get
      away with finger feeding, but we have to enforce that
      she use utensils. Fork or spoon. <br><br>Just
      remember if they have the potential to do something, make
      them use it. My daughter is doing so much more than we
      really thought she would but we've had to make her use
      the skills we see. <br><br>Take care...I love the
      messages but haven't replied to all...yet.
    • melissa
      Message 80 of 80 , Nov 25, 2005
        --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, "monicacarpio_3"
        <MONICACARPIO_3@H...> wrote:

        > --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, starr5959 wrote:
        > >HELLO I HOPE ALL GOES WELL WITH THE TESTING ALL I CAN SAY IS GIVE
        YOUR
        > LITTLE ANGEL LOTS OF LOVE FOR HE/SHE SHALL RETURN IT DOUBLE!!!!
        > > we are still in the testing stage, so far
        > > everything has come back normal, even the EEG , but with all
        > > the seaching I have done, Anglemans fits the
        > > criteria, so far all we have heard is delay developemental
        > > delay but i think that will cahnge in time. will enjoy
        > > being part of your site, support is so helpful through
        > > the testing stage.

        yes i know how you feel.....my son has been tested many times...but no
        pos. results yet....he has only a clinical diagnosis at this
        point...its very frustrating