Re: [Families of Angelman Syndrome] Clothing

  • Jennifer Posey
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
      Sue my son is 3 years old and weighs 30 pounds, But he is very tall so I get between a 4 silm and 5 slim, which are still very big in the waist but put a belt on and I've taken care of 2 things at one time. He looks handsome and well dressed and number one thing it prevents all that diaper digging. I promise it works. Levis and lee jeans make a silm also if you have an Old Navy store around you they make adjustable wasit lines on the inside and still look like normal pants on the outside. Just remember t-shirts that are a little bit big don't matter. It also makes them not look quite so skinny. Which is a big plus too.

      Hope evryone has a good day
      Jennifer, Christopher, And Brianna

      Sue Harris <worknomoresue@...> wrote:
      My daughter is very small. At almost 4 she weighs 25lbs and we
      struggle to keep the weight on her. Does anyone have any info on sites
      that offer smaller sized clothing? I am so tired of the toddler
      clothes with the snaps in the crotch. And if you haven't figured it
      out, I do not sew. (nor do I want to learn) smile
      Thanks

    • Ann Watters
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2005
        Hi Sue! My son is 6 and weighs in at 30 - 35 lbs. on a good day. I found jeans for him at Target which are Genuine Article by OshKosh. What is so great about them is that they have an adjustable tab on the inside of the waist on both sides - a piece of elastic that buttons to whatever size you need. He is wearing size 6 because he is very tall and regular jeans are just way too big in the waist. Good Luck! Ann and Brandon (6 yrs old)

        Sue Harris <worknomoresue@...> wrote:My daughter is very small. At almost 4 she weighs 25lbs and we

      • Maria
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2005
          My Lydia is also 6 and weighs about 34-36 pounds on a good day as
          well! We LOVE the adjustable waist bands, too! Overalls are okay
          too, but I don't like messing with them when it comes to changing
          diapers. I've found that even elastic waisted pants aren't tight
          enough, so I look for pants that have a drawstring. Even those with
          a "fake" drawstring, you can thread an elastic through the hole or
          get a longer drawstring and thread it through the waistband in most
          cases.

          Have fun looking!
          Maria

          --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, Ann Watters