Re: [Families of Angelman Syndrome] Digest Number 150

  • Becca Moll
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2005
      Hi- This angel and his mom live in Minnesota, but there is a possibility
      they will be moving to North Dakota or Utah?? They really are open and want
      to go somewhere where he can have the most resources to help him live a full
      and happy life. Her husband is a bus driver/trucker, and she also has a 14
      year old son who has had to really buck up under all this.
      Thanks,
      Friend
      Message 2 of 2 , May 23, 2005
        I live in Utah and right now, the waiting list for state services is
        quite large. They've had a freeze for the past three years of taking
        off anyone from the waiting list because of some families misusing the
        funds. They were allocated some state money this year to take approx.
        230 families off. We need to work with our legislators to get more
        state money. Anyway, Utah is a wonderful place to live, if you are
        looking for financial assistance, I would definitely check out what
        may be available before going any where. Check with the state
        division of human services to find out what funding resources are
        available.

        Good luck!

        Maria