Disciplining angels

  • beccamoll
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2005
      Hi- My best friend is mom to an angel. He is 6 years old and weighs
      85 lbs. He is very strong, hyperactive and compulsive. He often
      hurts people or damages things because of his behavior. My friend is
      barely strong enough to control him. She has had him on many meds
      for
      the adhd, but they always have some negative side effects or stop
      being effective after a while. She wondered if anyone else has
      discipline issues and how they handle them. He is able to understand
      when his behavior is destructive or hurtful, but forgets the lesson
      soon after. If anyone has any tips for her, she would really
      appreciate the help. Also, Does anyone know if there are any special
      camps or ranches etc.. for angels or others with similar special
      needs? She would love to know.
      Thanks,
      Friend of a worn-out loving angelmom