Amazing Stories by Amazing Moms about our kids

  • Bab006@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2009
      Recently I purchased a book at the beach and it was about short
      essays/stories/blurbs about how families deal with a child with mental
      health
      issues. I have read several such books similar to the Chicken Soup
      series. These
      are all wonderful and very inspiring but I wanted to create something more
      realistic. I wanted a place for moms to write real life stories both the
      good and bad. I want moms to write about holidays and sleep issues. I
      want moms to share what it felt like getting that first wheelchair or
      stander.
      If it is realistic to use that stander 3x a day along with raising 4 kids
      and a having a job. I want real stories about miralax blow outs at the
      mall, first time that feeding tube came out, trachs pulled out while
      driving
      on the interstate, 4 times to the emergency room in one week, etc. I
      created the web site _www.momsincommon.org_ (_http://www.momsincommon.org/_
      (http://www.momsincommon.org/) ) as a
      place for moms to write these stories. I created this so new moms can have
      a place to see they are not alone out there. Our kids with more
      significant issues rarely have stories out there. Please share your story.
      This is not a support group since we have several that are wonderful.
      Please
      don't worry about your grammar or spelling or how professional your story
      sounds. I was hoping for real stories by real people. You do not have to
      use your real name or child's name. Pass this on to other groups and
      parents so we can have a great selection of stories. If you have already
      checked out the site please check back. I am updating almost daily adding
      new
      topics. If you would like your child's picture included or a youtube
      video please email me a small picture file or a youtube link. I look forward
      to more stories and thank you so much for taking the time to look.

      _Moms in Common - Home_ (_http://www.momsincommon.org/index.html_
      (http://www.momsincommon.org/index.html) )

      _Bridget Ann Bailey_ (http://www.facebook.com/bridget.bailey) | _Create
      Your Badge_ (http://www.facebook.com/facebook-widgets/)
      (http://www.facebook.com/bridget.bailey)

      If you want to learn more about CVI please join our group by clicking on
      the link _Corticalvisionimpairments : Cortical Vision Impairments_
      (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Corticalvisionimpairments/?yguid=445303)