high pain tolerance

  • Ann Watters
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2005
      Brandon is 5 and does have a high pain tolerance. When he had his surgery, the nurse told me on the last day that they had only been giving him about half of the pain killer that he was allowed. I don't think he is fonder of water than any other kid. He does have small hands and feet and the flat spot on the back of the head that I read about. He is taller than most (dad is 6'4") but skinny. He also had the Nissanfundoplication done. Did you read the article about that not being necessary with Angelman kids? I had a guilt trip after that. He has always been in daycare and don't worry about the other kids. They are curious and ask questions - I just answer them and they are happy with that. At school the kids love to be his helper and he has several buddies that play with him a lot even though he has no communication except his smile and giggles. Thanks for the info on the bed. Ann and Brandon