Re: [Families of Angelman Syndrome] sleeping in a safe bed

  • Sarah Burleau
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
      Get a bunk bed and have a canvas panel made- like a tent attached to the bed. See photo's

      Wife to Constable Brad Burleau
      Mom to Madison Grace - Born Jul 2nd/05 AS del + ,
      Cadence Hope - Born Oct 4th/07, and
      Tyson (7yo) fawn Boxer
      Sarah Burleau, Ottawa ,Ontario. Canada

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
        hello Wendy, I am Meredith mom to Triniti 4 1.2...we went through this when Trin was around 2 and it was so bad by the age of 3 that Trin stayed up for a full 72 hrs and me and my husband were at each others throats because we were so tired and snappy!! The doctor started Triniti on melitonine (3mlg) and clonidine (0.1mlg) it has worked great...we give it to her around 9pm and she falls asleep about 10 and sleeps till about 5 or 6. We have had to up the dose once she got bigger but not very much and she still sleeps good!! Hope you figure out a plan!!
        Hugs to you!!

         Meredith Villarreal
        wife to Carlos
        and mom to
        Triniti 9/21/2003 Angelman Syndrome
        & Liliana 6/16/2007 Leigh's Disease
        froggie4309@...

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2008
          Hi Wendy,
          We purchased   a sleep safe bed for our son. They are pretty pricey, hopefully you have insurance. We got ours a no cost to us. There website is www.sleepsafebed.com
          Best of Luck, I can definitely sympathize with you! Our son, now 19 years old, thankfully goes down abit earlier than when he was younger!
          Jean