sleeping in a safe bed

  • wendycheetham
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
      My name is Wendy and I have a 2 1/2 year old son .We don`t know what to
      do .We hate when bedtime comes because one of us has got to stay up
      untill he go`s to bed & sometimes it is 3 or 4 before he go`s to sleep.
      Has broken 4 cribs ,&3 playpens he also has gotten over every gate we
      have put up. We are at a lost and don`t know what to do .dose anyone
      have any sugestions for us?
    • Sarah Burleau
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
        Get a bunk bed and have a canvas panel made- like a tent attached to the bed. See photo's

        Wife to Constable Brad Burleau
        Mom to Madison Grace - Born Jul 2nd/05 AS del + ,
        Cadence Hope - Born Oct 4th/07, and
        Tyson (7yo) fawn Boxer
        Sarah Burleau, Ottawa ,Ontario. Canada

        My name is Wendy and I have a 2 1/2 year old son .We don`t know what to
        do .We hate when bedtime comes because one of us has got to stay up
        untill he go`s to bed & sometimes it is 3 or 4 before he go`s to sleep.
        Has broken 4 cribs ,&3 playpens he also has gotten over every gate we
        have put up. We are at a lost and don`t know what to do .dose anyone
        have any sugestions for us?

      • Meredith Villarreal
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2008
          hello Wendy, I am Meredith mom to Triniti 4 1.2...we went through this when Trin was around 2 and it was so bad by the age of 3 that Trin stayed up for a full 72 hrs and me and my husband were at each others throats because we were so tired and snappy!! The doctor started Triniti on melitonine (3mlg) and clonidine (0.1mlg) it has worked great...we give it to her around 9pm and she falls asleep about 10 and sleeps till about 5 or 6. We have had to up the dose once she got bigger but not very much and she still sleeps good!! Hope you figure out a plan!!
          Hugs to you!!

           Meredith Villarreal
          wife to Carlos
          and mom to
          Triniti 9/21/2003 Angelman Syndrome
          & Liliana 6/16/2007 Leigh's Disease
          froggie4309@...

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2008
            Hi Wendy,
            We purchased   a sleep safe bed for our son. They are pretty pricey, hopefully you have insurance. We got ours a no cost to us. There website is www.sleepsafebed.com
            Best of Luck, I can definitely sympathize with you! Our son, now 19 years old, thankfully goes down abit earlier than when he was younger!
            Jean