daughter

  • jmishoe79
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2008
      Hi, I'm new to the group but have been living with an angel for 18
      years. I am wondering do other angleman children have hip problems. My
      daughter's hip dislocated after spinal surgery and remains dislocated
      after hip surgery to correct the dislocation. She also startles easily
      and frequently. Are other parents seeing these problems as well as
      sleep difficulties? I would love to talk to someone.
    • mom_angelboy
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2008
        Welcome to the group:

        My son is 10yrs old. He has Bi-lateral Hip Dysplasia, that we have
        been monitoring for 3yrs. He was suppose to have hip surgery 3yrs ago
        but the Dr thought he looked to good so we are still waiting. He
        does not have any back issues, and his sleeping is pretty good too,
        we only have the occassional sleep issues.

        Karla...mom to Kean AS Del+ 10 yrs old.

        --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, "jmishoe79"
        <jmishoe79@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I'm new to the group but have been living with an angel for 18
        > years. I am wondering do other angleman children have hip
        problems. My
        > daughter's hip dislocated after spinal surgery and remains
        dislocated
        > after hip surgery to correct the dislocation. She also startles
        easily
        > and frequently. Are other parents seeing these problems as well as
        > sleep difficulties? I would love to talk to someone.

      • Meredith Villarreal
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2008
          Hi my name is Meredith and my angel is only 4 so I am not sure how much help I can be but are you a member of the angel listserve? The list serve has MANY more moms with older angels and there is also a forum set up by the same people. If you would like to join here is the info.
          http://www.angelmanforum.org/index.php?sid=b8895f12b35c51d23520f8dca43962f3 and this is the forum

          I hope all goes well with you and your angel! Give her a hug from me!

          Meredith Villarreal wife to Carlos, mom to Triniti (angel) 4yrs and Liliana 9mos
          froggie4309@...