need someone to talk to

  • heather smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 18, 2008
      I have one "normal" 10 year old boy.
      Tyler is the one that has been clinical diagnosed with angelman syndrome.. He gives me a run for my money,or something like that lol. He is hyperactive and don't sit for a long time he will sit and watch 20 mins of wiggles or something like that. Josh and I are the only ones that are here to help Tyler. Tyler's dad lives here but when he gets home he sits on the couch and drinks until bed time or he passes out I am tired of doing everything... he calls me names and he is always yelling at Josh for something stupid. He calls Tyler deedee and thinks its funny. Tyler is not normal but hey he can breathe on his own, he is walking some days are better than some but we all have our days.. this has been going on since Tyler has been born. He drank before that but he would at least pay attention to Josh or be some what happy. I just can not take this any more I have no money to get my own place I have a job but it's only when available and with spring break everyone is working and
      I am not.. I want to have a person that has a boy/girl that is 5-6 years old with angelman's to get hold of me and if you are not long drive maybe set up something to compare notes that have worked or someone that has been there done that I am lost I feel like a stranger in my own life and house... thanks for listening heather in Michigan

    • carathomas24
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 18, 2008
        Hi Heather,I was touched when I read your post,I havent been on the
        forum for a while,but these letters come to my e-mail.I have a 5yr
        old AS child,and let me tell ya,I know how u feel,it isn't easy!I too
        would love to set up a talk with someone with an AS child....actually
        I long for it!I live in KOKOMO,IN.Where do u live?I have never got to
        do it.The struggles we face with htese children are so grand,and it
        doesn't make it easy to have un supportive family.Please let me know
        what someone could do for you to make things easier..CARA mom of Jadyn
        (boy)

        --- In familiesofangelmansyndrome@yahoogroups.com, heather smith

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 19, 2008
          Hi Cara, I live in a small town named Marshall, Michigan its about 3 hour drive to your city. I have family members that live in IN I drive down for wedding's weather permitting and how Tyler is.. He loves to ride and we bought them the DVD players for the car cause we do travel a lot to doctors appointments and vacations. I just need someone that knows how hard it is to be a parent and tries to make everything work for everyone else and I do have outside family members that help but that is not the same like his father helping out.. Thanks for emailing me back if you want you can email me back and maybe we can be each others support group or just to listen I am here.. I too have not been on the forum I forgot who I was and password but I figured it out!! lol :) I check my emails regular basis not unless something happens to tyler and I'm stuck in the hospital but that has not happen in a while knock on wood.. I have a few friends some or new mommys so they have not quiet
          understanding motherhood yet lol but we both have sleep deprivation lol this week with tyler has been bad I have not clue what to do with him he even takes melation to sleep and he falls alseep at 8pm and up at 2 am I have taken out his toys and everything but his bed so he plays with his bedroom door and its a old door and its noisy so then i don't get to sleep... any other questions that you may have or need advice let me know thanks again for replying to me I needed to feel not so alone on this:) hugs Heather