Re: [Families of Angelman Syndrome] i have a question

  • sonya hedge
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2008
      I don't participate in responding on here as much as I would like due to I work from home and my job requires a lot of on line correspondence. It is a little time consuming BUT !!!!!!!!!!!I I love reading and keeping up. So many great parents on line.!!! There experience with older children is more than I can sometimes offer due to my little guy is 3. I remember the first time I got on here and said that my son had Angelman. The support and encouragement I received was unbelievable. And actually they are responsible for my career change as well. Just love these parents and families who are so knowledgeable and helpful. God bless you and family too....hang in there and know we are all here for you!!!!! Sonya

      blonde25@...> wrote: thank you for replying back. i dont get online much so i appologize for taking so long to get back to you. and thank you for the info i will be sure to ask for that test next appointment thank you and good luck and God bless

      sonya hedge <sonyahedge@...> wrote: Hi Kara!

      My son was also tested for fragile x and no that did not diagnose him with Angelman. It is called a FISH test. They did TONS of testing before they resulted to this one. Good luck and keep us informed. Sonya....

      kara <ohioblonde25@...> wrote:
      my 6 year old daughter has been diagnosed as mentally retarded, with
      possible autism spectrum disorder. now i have been reading some
      different things on angelman sydrom and i believe that she fits into
      that group better. she had chromosome testing done for fragile x but
      does that also include testing for other possible chromosome disorders.