New to group

  • Tina
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2008
      Hi there, My son was recently tested for Angelman Syndrome, but we
      haven't gotten the results yet. My son is 6 years old and has been
      tested for just about everything under the sun and everything has come
      back negative. So they finally gave him the label of Cerebral Palsy.
      I'm sure he has this syndrome as he has 11 of the 17 characteristics of
      it. Does anyone elses child not walk? My son has no speech, just
      makes some word approximations/sounds. He does a few signs and we're
      trying to get him to use a communication device. You can go to my
      son's website to read more about him.

      www.angelfire.com/journal2/chases_world/

      I'd love to hear your opinions, if you think he may have this syndrome.

      Thank you,
      Tina
    • heather smith

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 22, 2008
          heather smith <hmjt_9802@...> wrote: Hi Tina my son that is 5years old has all if not most of the characteristics of angelman syndrome too but everything also came up negative, they labeled him as generalized epilepsy with developmental delay, no speech... they have a word for it but oh well.. He has low muscle tone and he started walking when he was almost 3year old its not steady and he can not walk long distances.. I think that he has some type of cerebral palsy but the ped and neuro is not saying I'm sure for legal things but I told the ped if that is what he has then so be it.. I am looking for answers not to sue anyone( the ped is the one that delivered him.) I am glad that he is here and yes its different than a normal child.. I have one of those and today was the first day back to school I am more excited than he was:) My son also does some signs but usually have to guess what he wants or empty out the cupboard so he can pick and hope that its the

          Hi my name is Wendy, I have a2 1/2 year old son with angelmansand he dose not walk or talk either . we are using a big mac with him and we have him in aqua theripy @physical theripy . he gets speach ,@he has an o.t. also .the visiting nurse comes 2 *a week. as well as head start. he has been having alot of breakthrow seizuers@ they have been 7 min. or greater.